HP Pavilion dv 9500 (1297 Views)
Top Student
tark1
Message 1 of 8 (1,297 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion dv 9500

My pc has a built in microphone which I cannot get to work.  I can get an external microphone to work by plugging it in to the jack plug on the front.  I can find no instruction or advice as to how to activate the internal microphone.

I have tested the external microphone by using the Sound Recorder in Programmes/Accessories and it works OK.  However I can get no reaction from the internal microphone which is definitely installed because I can see it beside the built in video camera.  Can anyone help please?

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 8 (1,284 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv 9500

Please post the product number

Locating Model Number

Which audio driver are you using?

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
DJ_Foley
Message 3 of 8 (1,262 Views)

Apologies for hijacking this question,only i have exactly the same problem with a similar laptop. My product number is GF720EA#ABU and i am using Conexant High Definition Audio driver version 4.33.1.61 dated 01/05/2008.

Thanks in advance

Top Student
tark1
Message 4 of 8 (1,250 Views)

Thank you for your interest in my problem.  I saw another answer on the forum which suggested checking for Microsoft updates which I did.  Bingo following the installation of several updates my microphone has started to work.  Perhaps this will work for others too.  Thanks again.

Honor Student
DJ_Foley
Message 5 of 8 (1,215 Views)

Unfortunately this did not resolve my problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Top Student
tark1
Message 6 of 8 (1,159 Views)

Did you go into Start Up/Programmes/Microsoft Updates?  Thats where I got the updates that worked for me?

Student
Colebert23
Message 7 of 8 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a DV9310us.It died on me years ago. I pulled it out the other day and thought I would give it a shot again. When I would power it up. It would give me all the blue lights, but after about 5 seconds. It would turn off and then back on. It would repeat this process until i turned it off. I called HP and spoke with a manager. They told me there was nothing they could do. They told me the DV series were only built to last for a year to a year and a half. They couldn't even fix it, because they no longer carry the parts to fix it. Knowing enough about computers I decided to try a fix to help solder the GPU back into the motherboard. After taking it apart I heated the motherboard and GPU. When i put it back together I added thermal grease to the GPU and CPU. There was never any thermal grease added to them in the first place (Are you starting to see why they don't last more than a year?) I also added a penny on top of the GPU for added cooling. Put everything back together and BAM! Computer is back up and running. CPU temp is 127 F and GPU is about 147 F. I plan on buying a laptop cooler and hopefully bring those temps down a bit more. If you would like more info on how I did this. {Personal Information Removed} IF THIS has happened to you. I recommend this. It might not work, but if your out of warranty and don't want to pay someone to fix it for $500 or more. What do you have to lose. I'm willing to take a look at some laptops. Email me and we can discuss your issue more.

Tutor
glebeboi
Message 8 of 8 (621 Views)

I called HP and spoke with a manager. They told me there was nothing they could do. They told me the DV series were only built to last for a year to a year and a half. They couldn't even fix it, because they no longer carry the parts to fix it.

Thanks for that info

It’s certainly nice to know that I’ve got myself a laptop worth a few thousand dollars only to hear that it’s only meant to have a life expectancy of approx 18 months. I must’ve overlooked that heading in the ultra fine print when all the other features of the laptop were being so boldly displayed.

Well so far its lasted longer than that but I'd hardly say I've used it to its full potential. Some parts havent even been used yet - and its still got its protective film on its lid.  :-)

cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation