Question

Student
Lilacheron
Message 1 of 2 (330 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6-3100sa Entertainment Notebook PC HDMI sound vanished ?

HI everyone 

I have been using my HP Pavilion dv6-3100sa Entertainment Notebook PC to watch films with sound via an HDMI cable for several months now, but since yesterday and following a windows 7 update, the hdmi sound is no longer working.  I have no icon for HDMI sound any more and i am totally confused.  Can anyone help?

Student
razhothead
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3100sa Entertainment Notebook PC HDMI sound vanished ?

hi i had the same problume and was looking for a way to fix it found none so had a little look my self and i found that with the laptop it has specialy made drivers for hp i bealeave and after finding this out from trying to upgrade the gpu drivers also coursed me problums maybe this also happens from your windows 7 update.

how i fixed it i right clicked on computer in the start menu properties,device manager and there are subcatogorys and in the one named system devices i had a look in there and one with a name like high defaniction controller one of them was disables so i endabled it then it said it didnt work as it had a bad registry so all i did was reinstalled the stock drivers for the ati gpu and once that was done after the reset it loged back on to find that it was there once again in the sound opctions and working hope this helps :smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation