HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates (5681 Views)
Top Student
SuthernCharm
Message 1 of 3 (5,681 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

Yesterday I started doing the updates suggested in Health Check.  One of them said I had to have UAA Bus Driver installed before I did the update (for the IDT High Def Audio CODEC), so I downloaded & installed that 1st.  After that was downloaded & installed I didn't have any sound whatsoever.  I'm not a complete novice, so I right clicked on the Sound Icon down on the system tray, chose "Playback Devices" and made the "Speakers & Dual Headphones" the default.  Everything seemed to be working fine.  A few minutes later, no sound again.  So, I did a System Restore Point back to before I did all the updates.

I've got other updates waiting in the Health Check & I'm scared now to let them download & install. 

Have you any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

MaryEllen

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (5,666 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

I never trust Health Check with downloading updates for my laptop. Go to your driver page and manually check for any new drivers/software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3998676&lang=en

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
SuthernCharm
Message 3 of 3 (5,587 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr -No sound after updates

Thanks so much for your reply, CherylG!  I've gotten the sound fixed but now have another problem....I downloaded & installed the IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver .  As soon as that was done, I totally lost all sound again.  I went back a restore point a couple of days ago & have left it alone since then with no problems.

I keep getting messages :  "HP Digital Monitoring has stopped working" and "HP TV Monitor has stopped working".  I am scared to death to download & install anything else, as I'm afraid it'll stop something else from working!

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 1464nr which is running Windows VISTA 64 bit Service Pack 2.  I probably will never use the TV monitor or the BluRay DVD player, as we have a 52 inch LG plasma and a LG BluRay DVD player. 

I guess my question is, do I need to do these updates if I'm not going to utilize these things on the laptop?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

MaryEllen

aka SuthernCharm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation