Question

Honor Student
undignified
Message 1 of 2 (1,240 Views)

HP Pavillion dv3: Volume Icon on keyboard doesn't turn on when touched

Hi guys!

I have an HP Pavillion dv3 notebook and it has touch sensitive volume and wifi controls at the top of the keyboard. when you touch it and it turns blue, then it's on, when you touch it and it turns red, then its off.

recently though, the volume control on my keyboard has been red, and even when I click it it's still red. it doesn't turn on. I checked the volumes on the screen and they're all alright, the sound card is fin, only problem is the volume button on the top of my keyboard doesn't turn on.

how do I fix this? I can't hear any sounds because of this.

thanks. God bless

Honor Student
Sugnan
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv3: Volume Icon on keyboard doesn't turn on when touched

Hi dear,

I was also had the same issue for more than two months.It happened when i was trying to change the services in my laptop to increase the performance.If your issue is also similar to me then you can change the service setting to automatic by following these steps

click Capture.JPG then search "services" in that you can see 1Capture.JPG

here change the "Audio Service" startup type to "Automatic" and click on apply.Finally restart the pc.It worked for me.

All the best  :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation