Question

Honor Student
computerfunguy
Message 1 of 5 (2,139 Views)

HP Pavillion dv6500 with windows xp pro AND NO audio Driver!

i have a hp pavilion dv6500 laptop entertainment pc here with me.  It came with windows vista but i downgraded to windowx xp pro.  it runs alot smoother!  Everything works great except one problem?  The audiio drivers that the hp websites has does not work?  I cannot find the right audio drivers?  I have tried even letting windows update search for the drivers with no luck?  Why are the drivers on the website not working?  How can i get this to work?  if i upgrade it to windows 7 can i intergarde the vista drivers to work with the windows 7 program?  i really need help!  Thanks!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (2,136 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv6500 with windows xp pro AND NO audio Driver!

The General XP Downgrade Guide for HP notebooks is what you need to read. This well written guide has helped (at least!!) thousands of forum members downgrade their notebook successfully. There is a section that applies to your notebook.

The issue you are having probably is related to not installing the MSUAA driver before the device specific audio driver.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
computerfunguy
Message 3 of 5 (2,133 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv6500 with windows xp pro AND NO audio Driver!

I will try this and let you know!  :smileyhappy:  ALSO, when i try and install the msuaa driver i get a message that reads, media device not found?

Student
lokind
Message 4 of 5 (1,861 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6500 with windows XP pro AND NO audio Driver!

i have a hp pavilion dv6500 laptop entertainment PC here with me.  It came with windows vista but i downgraded to windows XP pro.  it runs a lot smoother!  Everything works great except one problem?  The sound drivers that the laptop has does not work because i was format my laptop & i was already break my driver CD now...?  I cannot find the right sound drivers?  I have tried even letting windows update search for the drivers with no luck?  Why are the drivers not meet me on web ?  How can i get this to work ? i really need help! for pick up this needed sound drivers....?

Student
redasa2009
Message 5 of 5 (1,523 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6500 with windows XP pro AND NO audio Driver!

hi i need some help from you can you tell me how instal the windows xp to pavilion dv6500

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation