Question

vvp Honor Student
Honor Student
vvp
Message 1 of 3 (8,246 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP dv6 2174tx Onscreen touch volume control display missing

[ Edited ]

I have  HP dv6 2174tx   I formated the hdd and partitioned it the way i wanted. reinstalled windows 7 home premium  32bit. Everything is working fine. I just lost the on screen volume control that pops up when you turn the volume up or down. I cant seem to find the driver/software that needs to be installed to make it work. Anyone know what/where i might find it? Thank you so very much in advance for any help!!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (8,240 Views)

Re: HP dv6 2174tx Onscreen touch volume control display missing

Hi,

As long as you already have any HP MediaSmart application already installed on your notebook ( ie MediaSmart DVD etc ), download and install MediaSmart SmartMenu on the link below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45140.exe

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 3 (8,202 Views)

Re: HP dv6 2174tx Onscreen touch volume control display missing

Hi,

To recover onscreen visuals you will need to download and install MediaSmart SmartMenu from here (version 3.2.1.12  for 32/64 bit Win7).

Before you will do that you need to have installed at least one aplication from MediaSmart software package. The best choice will be in my opinion:

MediaSmart DVD here (version 4.1.4328  for 32/64 bit Win7)

Above solution have one defect. When you are adjusting volume for example while playing games or online videos then current window will minimze to show visuals. If this will be annoying to you then uninstall MediaSmart software from system and use other product which is:

3VRX here (ver 2.5 for 32/64 bit Win7)

Note:

Here is YouTube video which shows what can be done with 3VRX software.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation