HP dv6000: Speaker Stopped Working + Headphone Left Side Working (10122 Views)
Honor Student
PrateekSpkr
Message 1 of 10 (10,122 Views)

HP dv6000: Speaker Stopped Working + Headphone Left Side Working

Hi,

I have HP dv6000 laptop.

Suddenly, its internal speaker stopped working. This is not all, when I connect my earphones, only left speaker(earphone) is working. No Sound in Right speaker. I felt electric shock in my ear too(once) in the start of problem.

I tried reinstalling sound driver and updating it. Not resolved issue. 

Please advice.

Regards,

Prateek

Student
hermanlyons
Message 2 of 10 (9,353 Views)

Re: HP dv6000: Speaker Stopped Working + Headphone Left Side Working

Hello,

Did you ever find a fix to your problem?  My computer shocked me through the headphones and now my speakers do not work.

Honor Student
PrateekSpkr
Message 3 of 10 (9,349 Views)

No I don't have fix for this problem. Few blogs says that if we replace headphone jack. It works. But this is expensive since it requires motherboard repair/replace.

But there are two workarounds(Both Worked for me):

1. Try if external bluetooth speaker(or headset) works for you or not. My bluetooth stereo headset works.

2. You can purchase good external sound card and external speakers.

Student
bondsac
Message 4 of 10 (9,267 Views)

Hi There,

I have exactly the same problem (on a dv6304tx) and I've tried almost everything. I've replaced the audio board (which provides the headphone jacks at the front of the laptop) , replaced the ribbon cables under the keyboard, tried countless drivers and still no luck.

I know the speakers still work as they beep well enough in the bios, and when the sound card wakes up from power save mode, sometimes it sends the first second of sound to the speakers before realising it's supposed to be in 'headphone' mode.

If anyone else can confirm this is a motherboard problem, or outline a way I can confirm that's where the problem lies, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks.

Student
starfishdata
Message 5 of 10 (8,852 Views)

any luck on this issue   having the same problem on my dv6135nr    i changed the ribbon and that brought back the power button but still having speaker and hheadphone issues

Honor Student
PrateekSpkr
Message 6 of 10 (8,845 Views)

Per my understanding, this issue should be related to headphone socket. HeadPhone socket is integrated with motherboard. Either you have to buy new headphone socket and solder it OR replace motherboard. Though FYI, I never tried both options. I just purchased new external sound card and speakers. Also, for me bluetooth stereo headset also works with integrated sound card. If this works for you too, you can also opt for purchasing bluetooth speakers.

Student
pariajit12
Message 7 of 10 (7,391 Views)

HP pavilion dm4t-1000 low sound in left speaker and microphone

[ Edited ]

I don't know what has happened to my speakers..the sound was loud, but now if i play anything it is low. Especially, my left speaker is not audible..right speaker is ok. ...Moreover, i i cannot voice chat  ..I can listen but my friends cannot hear me..microphone problem.it;s been only 3 weeks since i bought it..Now I m dissapointed..don;t know what to do..I tried everything from testing to updating software.but nothing has happened...

Student
suhaibchobi
Message 8 of 10 (6,712 Views)

HP dv6000: Speaker Stopped Working + Headphone Left Side Working

help me please i'm from iraq and there are no hp centers in here.how can i fix it by my self.

Honor Student
windsail2
Message 9 of 10 (6,620 Views)

HP dv6000: Speaker stopped working + Headphone right side only working while watching a 5.1 surround movie trailer on Youtube.

Updated Bios and Conexant HD drives but not resolved.

Tested all cables , speakers and the minijacks connectors audioboard : they are all right working.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Model HP Pavilion dv6162ea (dv6000 serie)

Centrino Duo T5500

P/N :  RR374EA#ABZ

Windows XP Media Edition, sp3

Please help me, thankyou.

ANE Student
Student
ANE
Message 10 of 10 (4,867 Views)

Re: HP dv6000: SPEAKER SOUND DISTORTED LEFT SPEAKER NOT WORKING IN MICROPHONE AND SPEAKER

MY HP DV600 LAPTOP MY SPEAKER SOUND DISTORTED AND LEFT SPEAKER NOT WORKING IN HEADSET ALSO.mY MICROPHONE NOT WORKING.WHAT IS THIS PLEASE HELP.

THE HP PEOPLE SHOULD HELP US .ONE SERVICE CENTER TO CHANGE MY MOTHER BOARD.IT COST QAR 3000.NEW LAP TOP GET FROM QAR 1800 SO BULL **bleep** HP DV6000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation