HP pavilion dv6 laptop speakers only work sometimes (970 Views)
Student
brodie4416
Message 1 of 1 (970 Views)

HP pavilion dv6 laptop speakers only work sometimes

I have a brand new HP laptop, the speakers are not working properly. For some reason, the majority of the time the laptop will try and output the audio to the headphone jack only (which works properly)  and not the speakers. I know this is not a hardware problem because occasionally the audio will work perfectly fine from the internal speakers. I can also use the audio mixer to change the mixer from Speakers and Headphones to Independent Headphones, when I click on the volume in this option, I can hear audio through the internal speakers just fine, but only  for a second or two. This happens consistently, which is why I am sure it is a software issue. I can also use a program such as skype, set skype to output to the internal speakers, and they work just fine. The issue is every other program on the computer is only outputting to the headphone jack.

I have tried updating the audio driver, bios, and windows update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation