Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@CarlosOlguin, Yes, this is true, it is the only computer of this kind to not work on linux. Even the macbook work well! From the last two week I saw HP loose more than 5 constumers.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, only the HDMI audio device is detected. My other HP, a modest Pavilion x360 works fine but I want a fast SSD drive and corei7 for audio production work. I thought the Spectre would do it. I'm very disappointed. Is this bug going to be fixed or ignored? I would like to know before the time runs out to return my machine.

HP execs should take a look around their local coffee shops. Nearly everyone has a Mac. Do you think that's because they like paying more for their hardware? No, they just don't like Windows. HP should pay attention and support alternatives like Ubuntu. Microsoft is selling their own hardware now and it get increasingly harder for HP to compete if they don't do something different.

HP Recommended

Hi @badusername,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sparkles1, I'm glad that you passed on my request to someone at HP but I think the "appropriate team" would be programmers working on the driver or bios problem. The person who responeded was from "customer relations". He said that he would pass it on to his colleagues. I don't know what that means or where the information will end up.

HP Recommended

Updated  to the last BIOS, cold booted twice. The bug is always present!

HP Recommended

For those who don't know, you will have to use the latest drivers from intel. Ubuntu is not ship with it by default, and HP doesn't give it (it's normal normal, don't worry). To do so, you will have to download non-free firware from ubuntu's repository or from Kernel gits linux-firmware repository. With this drivers the only thing missing is the sound card to be set in the I2S mode at start by the BIOS like for Window 8.1 .

To HP: Remember that kind of bug can break the sound for Windows 10 when it will get out this year.

HP Recommended

How did you specifically solve this? I'm in linux Mint, I have 4.0.1 kernel and added the non-free ubuntu repo. I don't know what to install now and what to change in the UEFI bios.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

It won't give you the sound in linux. The bug is in the BIOS, it must be update by HP. What I just told, it's how installing the drivers in linux, so when the bug will be corrected, your sound will work. That will also respond the a representative that could state that "you don't have the drivers on linux".

HP Recommended

To be more precise, you cannot (I think, you can surprise me!) change the BIOS so it can say to load the sound card in I2S mode. Sorry, :(.

HP Recommended

Little note, they don't have sound problem on Windows 10 for that laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.