Question

Student
chloexX
Message 1 of 2 (1,283 Views)

Headphone Jack issue - Compaq Presario V6560EA Notebook PC

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody

So I have a Compaq Presario V6560EA Notebook PC with Windows Vista.

Never had any problems with it until today. Normally when plugging in either headphones or the cable from my speakers an icon pops up in the corner saying 'A jack has been plugged in' and I can either hear sound through my headphones or through the speakers. Today when I plug either headphones or speakers in no such icon pops up and no sound comes through the headphones or the speakers.

I have tried the headphones and speakers on a friends laptop and they work fine so I'm guessing the head phone slot has become damaged or loose. Before taking my laptop in to be repaired does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? The slot does not look damaged or loose and it was fine yesterday, for some reason today it has stopped working.

Any advice or suggestions as to how to fix this would be much appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Student
nazzerene
Message 2 of 2 (1,233 Views)

Re: Headphone Jack issue - Compaq Presario V6560EA Notebook PC

Hi,  I had the same problem with the same model.  My headphone jack stopped working a few days ago.  I did a system restore and went back a couple of weeks.  It has solved the problems and my headphones work perfectly.  I had been searching for a solution and it seems several people have been experiencing the same thing.

Hope this works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation