Question

Top Student
DanceIsArt
Message 1 of 104 (18,787 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I disable the low battery beep?

[ Edited ]

I just bought a HP ENVY m6 laptop.  It is running Windows 8.  I want to know how to disable the low battery beep.  It hasn't been a problem until last night when my battery started beeping before I went to bed.  I just closed the lid and the beeping stopped so I went to sleep.  Then at 4:am it started beeping again.  I don't know if my computer turned itself on to do an update but whatever the reason, I would have prefered for the battery to die instead of waking me up in the middle of the night.

It's also just a really LOUD beep that scares my youngest child whenever it starts.  It's like a race to find the power cord to get it to stop.  I would rather just have a prompt come on my screen and tell me that I have 10% battery life left.

Thanks in advance.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 104 (18,682 Views)

Re: How do I disable the low battery beep?

Hi,

Try disabling it from Power Options..

Here are the steps:

i) In the new Windows 8 desktop screen just start typing Power Options and then click on it.

Power_Options_Win8.PNG

ii) Power Options click on "Change Plan Settings" and then Click " Change Advanced Power Settings"

In Advanced settings scroll down to Battery. Click on the + next to battery and change the different notification warning

to "Do Nothing" or make them to zero..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
Top Student
DanceIsArt
Message 3 of 104 (18,676 Views)

Thank you for responding....I've changed the levels and hopefully this fixes it.  I'll let the battery die today and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Honor Student
cpett015
Message 4 of 104 (18,637 Views)

I am having the same troubles. I turned all of the settings under battery in the advanced settings section to do nothing or no. Still the battery beeps. It is so annoying! It seems like it is every 30 seconds after it gets below 12%. 

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 5 of 104 (18,624 Views)

Try this also:

Type Sound in the Windows 8 desktop screen. Then click on Sound. In the next windows click on Sounds at the top. Under program events disable the sound for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm.

If the problem continues then battery checks..You can follow the link below:

Here are the steps:

Resolving the Battery Alert message

To resolve a Battery Alert message, you should perform the Battery Test in the System Diagnostics (F2) environment, and calibrate the battery for best performance.

To access the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test , turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu. Press the System Diagnostics F2 key, and then select the Battery Test option.

Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
Honor Student
gugugoop
Message 6 of 104 (18,492 Views)

Bought the same model.  Followed the instructions, disabled all battery-related notifications through windows, still retains the terribly annoying beep every 30s  when battery gets low.  Checked the beats audio settings/amd vision control nothing there as well.  Do not know what to do now... 

Top Student
DanceIsArt
Message 7 of 104 (18,482 Views)

[ Edited ]

Disabiling everything did NOT fix the problem.  I like my last HP that just told me when I had 10 and 5% battery life left with a little box that came up.  

Honor Student
gugugoop
Message 8 of 104 (18,362 Views)

sorry, but for me, this is still a problem.  There is a very loud beep every 30 seconds when the battery gets low.  I have disabled all the low battery notifications from sounds and even when I diabled the audio driver, the thing still beeped.  It is not a windows sound. Please, how do I disable it?    

Honor Student
cpett015
Message 9 of 104 (18,320 Views)

Mine is still beeping as well. It is ridiculously loud. Please help!

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 10 of 104 (18,288 Views)

How do I disable the low battery beep?

Have you checked the settings in the BIOS?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation