Question

Student
theoconteh
Message 1 of 3 (977 Views)

How do I re enable the on-screen volume display?

I had my laptop shipped back to the manufacturer to fix some bugs and when I got it back, the volume display stopped showing up. How do I re-enable it?

Student
asosenko
Message 2 of 3 (912 Views)

Re: How do I re enable the on-screen volume display?

I am having the exact same problem. Had to get a new hard drive (they installed a generic one instead of HP) and when i got it back, the onscreen display for the volume doesn't show up. I called the computer repairman and he said it was a driver i needed to install from HP website but i have no idea what it's called. The guy that reinstalled my operating system said "special keys" or something like that but I can't find anything!!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 3 (904 Views)

Re: How do I re enable the on-screen volume display?

Hi,

Download and install MediaSmart SmartMenu (version 3.1.2.2  for 32/64 bit Win7) from here.

Important note!

Before you will install above software you need to have installed at least one MediaSmart product. The best choice will be in my opinion:

MediaSmart DVD here (version 4.1.4328  for 32/64 bit Win7)

If you don't want to use so many extra software then you may download and install 3VRX (ver 2.5 for 32/64 bit Win7) from here.

Note:

Here is YouTube video which shows what can be done with 3VRX software.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation