Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavillion dv7 with windows 7.  I turned my internal mic off and now can't figure out how to turn it back on.  Can anyone help me, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the solution.  You turn on the sound recorder and then click the help in the right hand side.  From there click on "What can I do if I'm having trouble recording audio on my computer when using Sound Recorder?"   and...Click to open the Recording Audio troubleshooter. Administrator permission required    The troubleshooter can turn the internal mic array back on.  I don't know how but it works.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I really want to know how did you turn off your MIC ?

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

I was using Roxio Creator to import video (first time I had used it) and I was getting a lot of interference on the audio line.  I thought it was coming from my microphones so I went to Control Panel,  Sound,   Manage audio devices.   I went to the "Recording" tab and found an External Mic and an Internal mic, and the line imput (from the Roxio adaptor plugged into a USB port).  Since I didn't have a external mic plugged in, I thought the problem was the internal mic.  I clicked on the external mic and then at the bottom of the box, the properties.  This brought up a new window for the internal mic properties.  At the bottom of that window was a "Device Usage" box and showed "Use this device (enable).  I clicked on the arrow at the right of that box and clicked on disable.  I expected to be able to come back to this same point later to enable the mic when finished using Roxio.  Unfortunately, the mic no longer shows up in the recording box of the Sound box.  I have no way to turn the mic back on.  I later found that I shouldn't have disabled the mic because that didn't solve my interference problem.  Roxio has an options box that lets you select what input you are using for sound when importing video. 

HP Recommended

error above - should have said on the 4th line that I clicked on the "internal mic"

HP Recommended

I found the solution.  You turn on the sound recorder and then click the help in the right hand side.  From there click on "What can I do if I'm having trouble recording audio on my computer when using Sound Recorder?"   and...Click to open the Recording Audio troubleshooter. Administrator permission required    The troubleshooter can turn the internal mic array back on.  I don't know how but it works.  

HP Recommended

how do you turn on the sound recorder?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful!

HP Recommended

hw do i trun on my internal mic

HP Recommended

Open Start menu

Click on Control Panel

Open Hardware and Sound menu

Double right click on Sound

Small Sound menu will appear

Click on Recording  which will show enabled devices

Right click on any empty space in this menu box

A small box will appear with Show Disabled Devices

Click on this and the Internal Mic icon will appear

Click on this icon to enable

Job done

HP Recommended

Thanx 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.