Question

Top Student
jenja
Message 1 of 7 (3,747 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to install an audio output device on my PC.

[ Edited ]

My HP Pavilion dv9917cl Notebook PC,Since the last update I lost the sound,It say that NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED, please help  me .                    Thank you

Jenny

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (3,739 Views)

Re: How to install an audio output device on my PC.

Use the box to explain what you want to do in detail. The statement you have given is way too global.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
jenja
Message 3 of 7 (3,728 Views)

My HP Pavilion dv9917cl Notebook PC , since the last update, I lost the sound. It say that NO AUDIO OUTPUT  DEVICE IS INSTALLED.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 7 (3,685 Views)

jenja wrote:

My HP Pavilion dv9917cl Notebook PC , since the last update, I lost the sound. It say that NO AUDIO OUTPUT  DEVICE IS INSTALLED.

Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and whether the CPU is an AMD or Intel product

You can install the driver by using the Recovery from either the F11 key upon powering up or from disc #2 of the recovery disc set you should have created. An alternative is to download the driver from the HP ssupport servers.

The support portal for your notebook is here. In the driver and software section select audio diver from the appropriate operating system(Vista, Vista x64, Windows XP or Windows 2000) and version (32 or 64-bit). download it and install it.

While you are installing the driver, have the Device Manager open so you can watch the installation and verify that it installed.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
kaka43
Message 5 of 7 (2,865 Views)

jenja wrote:

My HP Pavilion dv9917cl Notebook PC,Since the last update I lost the sound,It say that NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED, please help  me .                    Thank you

Jenny

Student
cuandeptrai
Message 6 of 7 (2,266 Views)

dear mr.

i just install a part of audio  have 2 jack  audio out  micro 

buy no sound when i use head phone

please show me how to get sound from there

thank-s

Student
lanya
Message 7 of 7 (1,297 Views)

my audio device is not working.I think I accidently deleted it..and right now I wanna video chat w/ my family back home but there is no sound..pls help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation