How to reinstall Audio Drivers (2470 Views)
Honor Student
gazellie
Message 1 of 3 (2,470 Views)

How to reinstall Audio Drivers

I disabled by mistake an audio driver on my Pavilion dv6 laptop and I don't remember the name of it or know how to reinstall it. Anyone have advice on where I can go to do that?

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 3 (2,468 Views)

Re: How to reinstall Audio Drivers

you can check device manager to see if the driver is disabled.

you can get another copy of your audio driver by visiting hp.com and put your p/n number in the hp search bar in the upper right, selecting software and driver downloads, selecting your operating system and then the applicable driver.

I can give you direct links for your needs if you post your P/N number, or  full model of your unit.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Honor Student
gazellie
Message 3 of 3 (2,431 Views)

Re: How to reinstall Audio Drivers

Thanks. I was able to just enable it and not have to reinstall.  I also have a buzzing noise if I turn the volume up on my speakers over a certain level (pretty low). I had this issue when I first received the laptop but after speaking to a HP rep for over 2 hours, he was able to correct the issue. I believe he had me remove my audio drivers and reinstall. Not 100% sure. Have any tips on correcting this issue? I would rather not spend 2 hours on the phone again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation