Question

Honor Student
Kinga1129
Message 1 of 3 (513 Views)

I can't find a a jack for external mic on HP Envy M6

Hello, I recently just bought some new headphones that comes with a mic. I plugged in the wire into the headphones jack, but I can't find an external jack for the mic wire to plug in. Help!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (504 Views)

Re: I can't find a a jack for external mic on HP Envy M6

Hi, M6 is a series of many models/products, what is yours ? Please use the following instructions to find out: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108 Many machines share headphones and mic on the same jack, this can be the same for your machine. You need something called mic & headphones splitter, which is similar to: Regards.
BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Kinga1129
Message 3 of 3 (453 Views)

Re: I can't find a a jack for external mic on HP Envy M6

Thanks for your help, But i have another issue-I just got a splitter for my microphone and headset cords, but when I plug the splitter in, the computer doesn't sense it. I mean, i can still here noise, but I can't see it as one of my microphone options in my sound recorder. Help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation