Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am able to downgrade Windows 7 to XP and installed most drivers. The IDT audio driver is the lone exception.

I've scoured the net for the XP driver for IDT HDA, but cannot find an exact match. I am not new to editing the INF files to enable XP to install a similar driver, but so far all the 'look-alikes' I tried have failed.

The device id for the audio device is:

VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C166A&REV1001

And I tried;

VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C1007&REV1001,

VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C146A&REV1001,

and 

VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C1625&REV1001

Would greatly appreciate if someone can point out the XP driver or a working substitue

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

First of all you must install the MS UAA driver for the SP version of Windows you are running. So, you need to uninstall any audio drivers you attempted to install and install the MSUAA driver.

Follow this exerpt:

MS-UAA HERE, or MS UAA for SP3 HERE  or newer (sp42126) HERE

AUDIO DRIVERS

(The most difficult driver)

Please make sure MS-UAA has been installed properly

How?

Go to Device Manager under System Devices to see if MS UAA installed properly.
There should be a listing for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.
If not, you should have a PCI with yellow!

Right click it and Update Driver,
No to Connect, No to Search and last Install Automatically.

IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver,

Use your Vista driver in C:\swsetup\driver\Audio

If it is not working try the following drivers:

1.sp47403, XP driver Here

2.sp46918 ,XP driver Here

3. sp39671, vista driver, here

4. sp45044   here

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

As you may read from my message, I tried all the steps...

Downloaded at least 5 XP IDT drivers (named sp?????.exe), none works.

Had an old pavilion (bought at 2007), with Vista installed. But I was able to install XP on it. Had a problem with the audio driver as I cannot find an exact match. However, I can use a substitute by modifying the device id as I showed in my first message.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall previous audio drivers.

Resource:

How to change or remove a program in Windows XP

Download and install IDT audio driver from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thank you - I can see it appears to be the right driver - yet there is still no sound after I install the driver. This's the first time I see such weird thing. I also went to the sound and audio devices control and tested the hardware (under Voice Tab), no problem is found.

I know the speakers/driver etc work as the sound is nice under Win7.

Scracthing my head...

HP Recommended

There is sound from the jack but not speakers...

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Uninstall previous audio driver.

Resource:

How to change or remove a program in Windows XP

Download and install sp51937 - IDT audio driver.

Check results.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks again - tried the new driver (51937), still the same. There is no sound from speakers.

IDT Version is 5.10.6324.0, date 01/25/2010

HP Recommended

The old driver version is 5.10.6315.0, date 12/10/2010, from file 'sp51488.exe'

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Two questions:

1. Are you using XP with SP2 or SP3?

2. Which Bios version is installed on your notebook?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.