Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

A good possibility, I had developers version of windows 10 for months and initially project sparten the edge came out there were some problems. One of which you could not sign into sites when sent an invite by email e.g Yammer.

Sounds like we have the same problems and as more people upgrade the problem will be bigger so a fix should be on the way soon hopefully. Fortunately I hve several laptops and they are working fine on windows 10 now, but I do feel for those who only have this model and cannot watch fimls or youtube.

If I find anything more out will update in here.

HP Recommended

Model: HP ENVY 17-3290nr 3D Notebook PC

Audio Driver: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.6491.0

Had similar problems, Downloaded and updated my driver. I got Beats control panel installed and the sounds working but seems the "beats audio" click button and equalizer doesnt make a difference. The "music, 3d content and movie" buttons work and also the bottom sliders.

I did try using other versions but it would just crash/auto exit. This was the only working version I could find.

Anyone getting similar problems? 

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes exactly the same here, no matter what I set on the equalizer it makes no difference.

HP Recommended

Modell :  Sprectre X2 Pro

P-Number:  F1N08EA#UUZ

Windows 10 Pro

same issue with SP63631

HP should move their asses to deliver working drivers like DELL and Lenovo did!!!!!

How disappointing.....

HP Recommended

All,

the issue was fixed for me after to switch to 24 bit 96000 Hz audio, because in 16 bit audio would only show the meters moving but no sound output through HDMI or DisplayPort. At 24 bit and 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz the sound would fail (with meters moving) when one of the external monitors was unplugged. In addition, flash video playing in IE 11 would change to slow motion (50%) and the sound would go away until I switched sound output back to notebook speakers. In this setting, plugging the monitors back in would not bring the sound back, enabling, disabling would not help either. Only a system reboot would bring the sound back with 24 bit 48 khz and 24 bit 44.1 kHz.

However 24 bit 96 kHz gives no problems with sound or slow motion video when unplugging external monitors. Audio can be switched form notebook speakers to HDMI to DisplayPort and the flash video plays fine. When monitors are plugged back in while the flash video plays the sound switches back to HDMI or Display port depending on the last configuration. Everything works as expected and no slow motion video problems occur. Its crazy!

HP Recommended

Thanks you so much!! This worked for me.

HP Recommended

Excellent, thank you this also proved the solution for me and all working great now.

@AMiiMA wrote:

All,

the issue was fixed for me after to switch to 24 bit 96000 Hz audio, because in 16 bit audio would only show the meters moving but no sound output through HDMI or DisplayPort. At 24 bit and 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz the sound would fail (with meters moving) when one of the external monitors was unplugged. In addition, flash video playing in IE 11 would change to slow motion (50%) and the sound would go away until I switched sound output back to notebook speakers. In this setting, plugging the monitors back in would not bring the sound back, enabling, disabling would not help either. Only a system reboot would bring the sound back with 24 bit 48 khz and 24 bit 44.1 kHz.

However 24 bit 96 kHz gives no problems with sound or slow motion video when unplugging external monitors. Audio can be switched form notebook speakers to HDMI to DisplayPort and the flash video plays fine. When monitors are plugged back in while the flash video plays the sound switches back to HDMI or Display port depending on the last configuration. Everything works as expected and no slow motion video problems occur. Its crazy!

HP Recommended

Thanks - this fixed my problem too!

For those like me who don't know how to switch to '24 bit 96000Hz audio', here is a link which explains how to do it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/update-audio-issues-i...

See 'phil7' post in the above link - short extract below details how to switch to 24 bit audio:

"Right click speaker icon in taskbar > Playback Devices > Asus PB278 > Properties > Advanced > switch to 24 bit, 96000 Hz."

In this case, you will select the 'IDT High Definition Codec' in lieu of the Asus PB278.

This also fixed my Cortana problem where the microphone would not work for speech input.

HP Recommended

I have found this problem on my Pavilion X2 but, after trying a lot of options, I found rolling back the Sound driver to the previous version resolved it immediately.  

HP Recommended

Hi 

Please install latest version of HP support assistant or update if you it installed 

Let us know how it goes!
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks**** ****
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Regards Sridhar
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.