Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6
Other

I just installed windows 10 on my HP envy m6 laptop and I am having problem with the audio driver.  No driver is available for this product for windows 10

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended
I have the same problem on my ProBook 455 G1, tried the 8.1 driver but it has bugs and glitches. Please HP don't forget about your recent models..
HP Recommended

Hi have just updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion g6.

When running YouTube videos the sound is broken up and and distorted. Also the Video seems a bit flaky by not being a steady display when Titles are being displayed.

I have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec stwrt64.sys updated to current Version 6.10.6492.0, 04/09/2013 using DriverBooster 2.

The audio and video plays OK in BBC News videos, the World of Tanks game and iTunes Music.

Is there something wrong with FlashPlayer in Windows 10 or is a different Audio Driver required?

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem exactly, any solutions yet???

HP Recommended

Yes same problem here installed windows 10 as an update, udated support assitant and downloaded all drivers after system check, sounds are fine for windows actions and as silly as it sounds for trailers on youtube but once the nusic or video started intemttent bzzing noise for whole length of video.

Have checked all setting and in sound properties after clicking configure speakers the test and sounds are fine. When running windows media player no sound or if there is it's an occasional horrible buzzing noise.

HP Recommended

Ok, YouTube Videos play OK (sound+video) when using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers!

They fail (distorted sound and unsteady video) when using Internet Explorer and Edge.

HP Recommended

@Galactic_Grey wrote:

Ok, YouTube Videos play OK( sound+video) when using Google Chrome Browser!

They fail (distorted sound and unsteady video) when using Internet Explorer and Edge.

I do not have Chrome Browser installed so could not honestly state this myself and to be honest i would not install it as a clean system. You have a point here though as yes anything running in Edge or IE has a problem

HP Recommended

Also, Windows Media Player has no sound when playing music.

I am not sure if Windows Media Player has been superseded in Windows 10 by the Groove Music App.

However, my music which was imported into the Groove Music App plays back with the same distorted sound.

HP Recommended

@Galactic_Grey wrote:

Also, Windows Media Player has no sound when playing music.

I am not sure if Windows Media Player has been superseded in Windows 10 by the Groove Music App.

However, my music which was imported into the Groove Music App plays back with the same distorted sound.

Yes exactly the same here, this is certainly a strange problem but looking it up it seems this was a problem some time ago when a BIOS upgrade was sent out. Obviously the sound drivers are working but it seems that streaming on some programmes is an issue or maybe the codecs are screwed up. I think it will be one of those wait and see what HP sends out as an update. Anoying though to say the least.

HP Recommended

I think it is a Windows 10 FlashPlayer problem.

As far as I am aware, FlashPlayer is embedded in the Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.

It does not appear to be compatible with Windows 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.