Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Which is better?  I had bad experiences with Realtek on an Hp Dv6500t.  The sound always would stutter and skip, and had low volume even with latest drivers and a fresh clean install of Vista.  I later found out it was the sound card.

Ordered a new HDX16t and wanted to know if it comes with IDT sound as I've seen at Best Buy and is this sound card good.  Is it LOUD and clear through headphones? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
On my speakers, in this video, this buzzing noise occurs on every guitar chord and in between times 7-9 seconds on almost every note.  I have the same laptop as you so I'm wondering, does the same happen on your speakers?  (Btw, when I got the laptop, I had the same question as you - Realtek didn't seem to work at all so I ended up reinstalling the original IDT drivers but, I dunno, maybe I did something wrong *shrug*)
Message Edited by Typhoon859 on 08-10-2009 06:44 PM
HP Recommended

On which laptop are you referring to? The DV6500t or the HDX16t? I dont have the HDX 16t YET? But when I had the DV6500t I had constant stuttering and skipping with the Realtek sound card plus low volume, I asked the original question in hoping that IDT is better and that IDT sound is on the HDX 16t. So far I have learned they use them both but it was with the dv6500t's hardware plus Realtek that caused the stutter/skip/low volume.

Message Edited by MattMJB0188 on 08-10-2009 07:31 PM
HP Recommended
Oh, so when you get the HDX16t, please inform me whether you have this problem or not.  The issue I'm referring to is unrelated to software - I think it might be the speakers themselves.  Yes, the HDX16t comes with IDT and there aren't any such problems as you mentioned.  The only thing is, it sometimes crashes and requires a restart.  But, that happens very rarely and usually after some kind of audio relates software change. 
HP Recommended
I will, I do think that all PC's are different even if they have the same exact hardware.   How's the quality with the IDT sound listenting through headphones?  Is it nice and loud?
HP Recommended
Could be louder but I'm satisfied.
HP Recommended

It sounds **bleep** on my computer, for some odd reason it's surround sound in only like a 15-20* angle infront of me (Mentally) It sounds much better when you turn it off, but you lose the nice bass, sadly.

HP Recommended

Keep it off.  Increase bass in tone controls.  Also, the audio program to play your audio makes a difference.  I recommend using Media Player Classic with AC3Filter; it sounds best from everything I've tried.  You can use it with Windows Media Player as well if you can get it to work.  There's also a way to integrate it with Winamp but with the first option it's the easiest.  It's what I prefer for playback of pretty much everything anyway when combined with the CCCP codec pack.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.