Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New   HP Pavilion 15-p067ca notebook. Strong echo when  the other person is listening to me on Skype. I have watched HP troubleshooting video and tried all suggestions. I also hear the stong echoy sounds when I turn on the  listening in the sound control box.

I am about to return the laptop before the 14 days runs out , but thought i would check here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The technician at Staples determined that it was faulty.

So no solution of use to anyone here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @YesToHelp,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how there is an echo when using the microphone on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

Have you tried another headset to see if the issue occurs from there as well? It's best to rule out the logical hardware first.

To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following this document on Resolving Microphone and Line-in Problems (Windows 😎. This should help restore the quality of the audio input to your computer.

Additionally, I also suggest performing a system refresh on your Operating System, should the issue persists. This can be done by following this resource on Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8).

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi MechPilot, thanks for the response.

I am talking about the inbuilt microphone in the laptop. I tried with a friend to skype and to her cell phone.

I did already previously try all the possibilities on the Resolving Microphone page, but after your reply, went through them again to check if I missed anything. It still didn’t resolve the issue.

As far as system restore I haven't done because of all the aps I have to then reinstall. And I wonder if a brand new computer would need a restore.

I have just now tried with an external mike and my friend said my voice was crystal clear and no echo. When I tried with the inbuilt it again played up and this time was only a noise she could hear, and not me.

So my conclusion is that the inbuilt mike is faulty and that I will take it back to the shop before the return period is finished.

Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

The technician at Staples determined that it was faulty.

So no solution of use to anyone here.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.