Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi. I recently bought a dv6 laptop. In the beginning there were no problems with it at all, but without any (to me) apparent reason, the integrated microphone simply stopped working. I've tried several suggested solutions already; I've checked my sound setup in the control panel, everything checks out there, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT HD Audio Driver CODEC through the HP Recovery Manager. My laptop is running Windows 7 x64. I really need a solution to this problem, it is driving me crazy.. I'm hoping someone in here can help me..

Thanks in advance.

Martin

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

I just encountered the same problem. I've tried everything!!! so frustrated. one minute it worked and now nothing!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. And I have done all the things you did but all to no avail. I have tried to reinstall the driver but it was telling me Driver installation failed: Could not find the MEDIA device. I hope somebody will come to our rescue.

HP Recommended

@oluawoderu, @karen5, @M_Holmstroem

Please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.

How to locate model number:

Notebook:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Also, please let us know the BIOS version on your notebook and installed Microphone driver version.

Regards,

=======================

I am an HP employee.

If my suggestion was helpful, you can thank me by clicking on the "Kudos" button!
If my answer solved your problem, please feel free let the community know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button!!

HP Recommended

My product no. is: QG942EA

BIOS version (according to Command Prompt): Hewlett-Packard F.12, 26-10-2011

BIOS version (according to Registry): HPQOEM - 1 InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.09F.12

I am running a Windows 7 Home Premium OA 64-bit system.

Thank you for your response, and I sincerely hope this problem can be solved..

Hopefully

Martin

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. Find below all the necessary information as par my computer. Will be glad if the problem can be fixed.

Window Vista Business 64bit system.

Product is Hp Pavilion Entertaiment dv9500

Product number is GL966UA#ABL

Service tag: dv 9515ca

Altec Lansing.

Thanks

Oluawoderu

HP Recommended

Hi M_Holmstroen, thanks for posting your Product number, and BIOS, we now know you have a HP Pavilion dv6-6b20eo Entertainment Notebook PC.

Are you based somewhere in Europe?

What is after the # sign in your product number, that let's us know what region the Notebook was made for.

This will help in us looking at the drivers available for your model, like checking to see if the BIOS version you posted is the latest.

Are you using HDMI at the same time when you are trying to use the microphone?

if you are that can affect it as there is a hierarchy, here is a document link on it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01186408

Have you contacted HP support and if so what troubleshooting did they perform with you?

Thanks for your time.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
HP Recommended

I  have not contacted customer support for troubleshooting, as I have no working phone at the moment.

After the # in my product number, the label states "UUW", if that helps.

Also, as I forgot in my last post, the current driver version for my IDT HD Audio Codec is 6.10.6329.0..

I have not utilized HDMI at any given time, as I simply don't own the equipment for such luxury 😉 ..

And yes, I am based in Europe, in Denmark, to be exact..

Thanks for your help so far, it is certainly very encouraging..

Regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Hello Martin, Thanks for the information, I sympathize on the Hi def/HDMI issue, I think I was the last one on my team to update me electronics at home.

It's good that our Notebooks have the feature but then you have the whole, New TV/Monitor/Media etc to be compatible.

And not unlike going from dial-up to broadband once you experience the Hidef world it's hard to go back :generic:

Anyway, back to your computer, I looked up yours and noticed there was a newer BIOS on-line F.17

I think this should be the link for the danish drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=da&cc=dk&dlc=da&sw_lang=&product=5189...

It also looks like there is a new IDT driver on there too, same link.

Please try updating both of those.

When did the issue begin on your computer?

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem in the US. My mic just stopped working.

Pavilion dm4-2165dx Entertainment PC

Product #QE375UA#ABA

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.15, 3/21/2012

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.