Question

Top Student
poorcustomer
Message 1 of 21 (4,606 Views)

Is VLC media player is supported by HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop?

Does HP Pavilion DV3-2150US 13.3-Inch Entertainment Laptop supports VLC media player, will that cause any damage to my laptop?

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 21 (4,574 Views)

Re: Is VLC media player is supported by HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop?

VLC Media Player is vastly used application with codecs bundled to play any kind of video or audio.

Installing this software from an authenticated trust worthy source will not cause any harm to the notebook.

It is just an application that can be installed on Windows Operating System.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
poorcustomer
Message 3 of 21 (4,573 Views)

Thanks, Vidya....But will not that ruin my speaker and make it unusable? Are you sure?

Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 21 (4,557 Views)

This is just a software. It will not ruin any of the hardware of your system. Make sure, you are installing a genuine VLC Media Player which you received.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
poorcustomer
Message 5 of 21 (4,566 Views)

Even though  it is funny to ask this question, will that work in India. Because service engineer in India , Tamilnadu said that HP hardware does not support VLC player and because  I have used VLC they are not ready to cover the speaker under warranty. Are you sure even now??

Dean
Vidya
Message 6 of 21 (4,546 Views)

If you have used VLC player to play and watch audio or video, it should not be the cause for the Speaker issue.

Speaker is a hardware and irrespective of what software you use, it should be covered in warranty. Please let me know the full details of the engineer and the service provider so that I can escalate it to the right department in India.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Top Student
poorcustomer
Message 7 of 21 (4,544 Views)

anand.ts@mahaelectronics.co.in manager of Maha electronics madurai told me that 3rd party application that he was mentioning is VLC player,just before sending this email and Sanjay one of the customer service(30306363 - 123(to reach pavilion laptops)) guy confirmed me that HP laptop will not support VLC player.

Email from Service center guy

From: Helpdesk.Madurai-Maha [mailto:helpdesk.madurai@mahaelectronics.co.in
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:32 PM
To: 'raJkumar subbarayan'
Cc: 'Anand.Ts- Mahamadurai'
Subject: 4607748542-461

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that your unit Model No: NV148UA, Serial Number: CND9222JT7 (HP Pavilion dv3-2150us Notebook) no display problem has been repaired and ready. Now service engineer found left side speaker not working due to 3rd party sound software. Speaker replacement only possible on chargeable basis, if you interested replace the speaker in chargeable please re log the case. We would request you collect the same from the Service Centre.

Case ID: 4607748542-461

Thanks and Regards,

Meenu

Maha-Madurai.

There are several cases happening in this laptop this is just one minor bluffing from Anand.

Dean
Vidya
Message 8 of 21 (4,536 Views)

It is too late to check with Maha electronics now. I will check with them tomorrow and get back to you.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Top Student
poorcustomer
Message 9 of 21 (4,533 Views)

Be careful Vidya, ask them whether VLC is supported in HP hardware and then proceed,may be you can tell them that speaker has gone not working because of VLC, Thanks for helping me. The case they are dealing with is entirely different, this is just a minor cheat.

Dean
Vidya
Message 10 of 21 (4,486 Views)

Being Cristamas Holiday Mahaelectronics is closed today. I will try to contact them on Monday.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation