Laptop Speakers Not working (21011 Views)
Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 1 of 8 (21,011 Views)

Laptop Speakers Not working

I have a Hp dv4 and I'm having a problem with my speakers working. On the area above the keyboard, I have a mute button and a slide button to adjust the volume. Normally the mute button is white signifying that the mute function is off, and orange if mute is on. Well currently it is stuck in orange which is supposed to be muted but i can tap the button and it wont change color but in the notification area it shows the switching between mute and unmute every time i touch the button. The laptop speakers wont work, but if i plug in headphones or my desktop speakers into the 3.5mm jack i can hear sound, but the sound is not as clear and in as much depth as it used to be when I'd plug it in. What is the problem? I really need my speakers working, so if anybody has an idea please let me know. Thanks

Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 2 of 8 (20,946 Views)

Re: Laptop Speakers Not working

bump

Student
CraigGW78
Message 3 of 8 (20,914 Views)

I am having the same problem, tried updating BIOS HP Support Assistant etc. and have had no luck, hope someone comes up with a solution soon. :smileymad:

Student
donnarae82
Message 4 of 8 (20,872 Views)

I am having the same problem. I have a Hp Pavilion dv4-1125nr

Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 5 of 8 (20,603 Views)

fixed it finally. must reinstall audio driver from following site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4091...

hope this helps

Student
rajuanand_2007
Message 6 of 8 (15,070 Views)

my laptop is not working, its stop working  a two weeks a ago. what should i do. 

Student
ADBTonyRomo
Message 7 of 8 (13,936 Views)

Poorboy's link is correct, if you are having these issues. There a catch, You do not just do the automatic update, You have to scroll down and manually select the specific driver (you'll know its right, bc it will prompt you for computer restart), select the Audio file (should be the 1st one on the list) reinstall this driver, no need to uninstall old, and then when the computer starts back up this particular issue will be fixed. Thanks Poorboy, this had been driving me crazy! nice fix.

Student
sepeakers99
Message 8 of 8 (7,232 Views)

i gat a problem with my hp speakers that stoped working a week before

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation