Question

Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 1 of 10 (22,050 Views)

Laptop Speakers Not working

I have a Hp dv4 and I'm having a problem with my speakers working. On the area above the keyboard, I have a mute button and a slide button to adjust the volume. Normally the mute button is white signifying that the mute function is off, and orange if mute is on. Well currently it is stuck in orange which is supposed to be muted but i can tap the button and it wont change color but in the notification area it shows the switching between mute and unmute every time i touch the button. The laptop speakers wont work, but if i plug in headphones or my desktop speakers into the 3.5mm jack i can hear sound, but the sound is not as clear and in as much depth as it used to be when I'd plug it in. What is the problem? I really need my speakers working, so if anybody has an idea please let me know. Thanks

Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 2 of 10 (21,985 Views)

Re: Laptop Speakers Not working

bump

Student
CraigGW78
Message 3 of 10 (21,953 Views)

I am having the same problem, tried updating BIOS HP Support Assistant etc. and have had no luck, hope someone comes up with a solution soon. :smileymad:

Student
donnarae82
Message 4 of 10 (21,911 Views)

I am having the same problem. I have a Hp Pavilion dv4-1125nr

Honor Student
pooreboy87
Message 5 of 10 (21,642 Views)

fixed it finally. must reinstall audio driver from following site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4091...

hope this helps

Student
rajuanand_2007
Message 6 of 10 (16,109 Views)

my laptop is not working, its stop working  a two weeks a ago. what should i do. 

Student
ADBTonyRomo
Message 7 of 10 (14,975 Views)

Poorboy's link is correct, if you are having these issues. There a catch, You do not just do the automatic update, You have to scroll down and manually select the specific driver (you'll know its right, bc it will prompt you for computer restart), select the Audio file (should be the 1st one on the list) reinstall this driver, no need to uninstall old, and then when the computer starts back up this particular issue will be fixed. Thanks Poorboy, this had been driving me crazy! nice fix.

Student
sepeakers99
Message 8 of 10 (8,271 Views)

i gat a problem with my hp speakers that stoped working a week before

Student
kaushlesh_shu
Message 9 of 10 (889 Views)

my hp pavilion g4 series laptop speakers are not working well, it sound is not clear and sound is not clear hearable so plese help me.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 10 of 10 (752 Views)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I will definitely assist you with the computer sound issues. Before anything else is done, please make sure you try every step in this thread: Troublesho​oting Guide: Audio does not Work after a Certain Period of Time

If every step does not help, please provide the following information:

1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide to finding your notebook product number

2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.

3. Does this occur on certain programs, or all programs?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

5. What steps have been attempted from my first post on this thread, and what were the results?

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation