Question

Honor Student
ajuantony2012
Message 1 of 8 (9,931 Views)

MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8

HI,RECENTLY IAM UPGRADED MY LAPTOP HP G60 WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS 8.FROM THAT,INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING..IS IT I NEED ANY DRIVER SOFTWARE?ANYBODY HAVE SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSE?

Intern
chrisrach3
Message 2 of 8 (9,894 Views)

Re: MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8

Mine's not working, either. I also have a G60 and have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Pretty frustrating. Can't use Skype or Google Chat.

Student
rksaini
Message 3 of 8 (9,330 Views)

I had same problem. I had HP dv6000 series laptop. HP does not support drivers for windows 8 for this series. This may be true for other series or other manufacturers. I tried the latest software from HP site but they are for Windows Vista or XP only. I tried to run these in Windows XP or Vistra compatibility. But either other person can't hear or very low voice. Then I installed the drivers from Realtec website ver R2.70

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

It worked fine. I had to uninstall the windows 8 drivers for Audio input and output  from Device Manager  then install above drivers then run Speech Recognition from Device Manager.

Tutor
elshadica
Message 4 of 8 (9,089 Views)

There is no resolution here.  My microphones either my plug in or my internal mic are not working after installing windows 8.  Help please!  That realtec link doesn't go to a fix of any kind.   

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 8 (9,077 Views)

Hello elshadica,

HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011.  Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.

Check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8.

You can run the Upgrade assistant software, which will scan your PC and generate a report on what is currently installed on your PC is compatible with Windows 8.  This upgrade guide for Windows 8 provides a lot of information that is needed for anyone considering upgrading.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
jobintho
Message 6 of 8 (7,178 Views)

my internal mic is not working...i have recently updated my operating system to windows 8. and i cannot find drivers for that..

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 7 of 8 (7,101 Views)

@jobintho,

What is the product number?

Press Windows Key + X and select device manager.  Is the sound card listed in the sound category without an error?  If there is an error, open the device and let me know the status message.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
julio187
Message 8 of 8 (3,167 Views)

ajuantony2012 wrote:

HI,RECENTLY IAM UPGRADED MY LAPTOP HP G60 WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS 8.FROM THAT,INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING..IS IT I NEED ANY DRIVER SOFTWARE?ANYBODY HAVE SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSE?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation