Mic not working and other sounds issues for HP Envy m6-1125dx Windows 8 (567 Views)
Student
rhoeh
Message 1 of 2 (567 Views)

Mic not working and other sounds issues for HP Envy m6-1125dx Windows 8

I recently updated my audio driver with whatever the HP Support Assistant asked me to.  After wards, I noticed my mic on my headset would cut in and out and now it does not work at all.  

Also, my speakers seem to be stuck on the "default device" even when I have headphones.  I noticed this was a problem when I was running a skype call and the sound from everything else came out of my normal speakers.

The last problem I have run into is that I hear this weird popping noise everytime some kind of communication program runs.  It seems like my computer is shutting out some part of the sound from my headphones automatically, even if there is no communication going on.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 2 (535 Views)

Re: Mic not working and other sounds issues for HP Envy m6-1125dx Windows 8

Hello rhoeh,

Take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation