Question

Honor Student
bigl523
Message 1 of 7 (1,963 Views)

Microphone/Line-in audio passthrough

I have a dv5t laptop and I want to use the laptop speakers for devices that I plug into the microphone/line-in port on the front of the laptop.  For some reason, I can't hear the audio in real time, only after it's been recorded.  Is there some way to un-mute the external microphone so that I can hear what I want to record.  For example, I plug my guitar into the computer so that I can record it, but I can't hear what I'm playing.  Any help would be appreciated.  The sound card is the IDT high definition audio codec.
Honor Student
DDavid
Message 2 of 7 (1,895 Views)

Re: Microphone/Line-in audio passthrough

I have the same problem... did you find any solution to this yet? regards
Honor Student
bigl523
Message 3 of 7 (1,892 Views)

I have not unfortunately.  Hopefully this bump will spark some more interest.
Honor Student
hArcAngel
Message 4 of 7 (1,724 Views)

I wrote a small program to discuss this problem. I simply pass through the recording device to the line out. If you email me, i could send it to you.
Top Student
nrgmind
Message 5 of 7 (1,714 Views)

arc im trying to get a hold of you... they edit out my email??? what do i need to do???
Honor Student
boondocking
Message 6 of 7 (213 Views)

Hi.  I have exactly the same problem.  Doesn't sound like too much to ask.  ;->

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 7 (191 Views)

Hello boondocking. I understand you are experiencing a microphone issue. I would like you to explain to me your exact issue, in your own words. Also, I require the following information to troubleshoot properly:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation