My HP G56-129WM Notebook PC's speakers can only play music and cannot play words. (106 Views)
Honor Student
1337iscool
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

My HP G56-129WM Notebook PC's speakers can only play music and cannot play words.

I need help, as my HP G56-129WM's speaker does not play any voice, it only plays music.  I use Windows 7 Home Premium.  There are no error messages whenever I try to use the speakers.  Also, If I turn the volume to 100, there is still no voice, but just a ton of music whenever I use  my speakers.  Same goes for any headphone.  I made a slight change to the BIOS before this error happened, I just put the Network Adapter as 2nd in the Boot Order.

Can Someone Help me?????

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: My HP G56-129WM Notebook PC's speakers can only play music and cannot play words.

[ Edited ]

Hi 1337iscool,

Welcome to the HP forum!! 

The first thing  I would do is go into the Bios and restore defaults.

Have you tried running MS Fix it to aid with resolving issues?

If this does not resolve the issue, I would uninstall the audio driver and then restart your computer.

If the issue persists, you could try a system restore back to a known good date.  Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7),

If that has not helped, I would do a recovery back to factory. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7).

During this process you will have the opportunity to backup your personal files to prevent data loss.

If you have not done one recently, I suggest you do it now.    Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7)

You could also contact HP support for assistance. They have the ability to remotely  access you system to aid with locating and resolving issues.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
1337iscool
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: My HP G56-129WM Notebook PC's speakers can only play music and cannot play words.

[ Edited ]

I reset my BIOS, didn't help.

But I'll try the other ideas in the future when I have time..

Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi 1337iscool,

Welcome to the HP forum!! 

The first thing  I would do is go into the Bios and restore defaults.

Have you tried running MS Fix it to aid with resolving issues?

If this does not resolve the issue, I would uninstall the audio driver and then restart your computer.

If the issue persists, you could try a system restore back to a known good date.  Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7),

If that has not helped, I would do a recovery back to factory. Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7).

During this process you will have the opportunity to backup your personal files to prevent data loss.

If you have not done one recently, I suggest you do it now.    Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7)

You could also contact HP support for assistance. They have the ability to remotely  access you system to aid with locating and resolving issues.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation