Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

pavilion dvt7 6000 quad edition notebook 8gig ram 750 g hd

win 7 ultimate 64 bit

s)

I use this program called latencymon and it show this as a problem, but I do not know how to fix it.

Your  system is being analyzed for suitability or real-time audio and other tasks/  time running( h/mm/ss):  0:24:46

Your system seems to have difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks.  You may experience drop outs, [pops or clicks due to buffer underruns.One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running on your system appear to be executing for too long.  At least one detected problem appears to be network related.  In case you are using a WLAN Adapter, try disabling it to get better results.. One problem may be related to power management, disable cpu throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup.  Check for BiOS updATES

Reported total hard pagefault count :1276

Highest reported hard page fault resolution time (µs):   1333377.668793

Drivers

Driver file                                             description                        ISR count                               dpc count               highest execution (ms)

hal.dll                           hardware Abstraction Layer DLL          1481006                                  0                                      0.024710

iastor.sys                Intel storage technology driver                     279450                                  288,307                          0.120096

i8042prt.sys               i8042 Port driver                                           209223                                   2200                               0.084692

USSPORT.SYS          USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port driver                            8895                                     0                                       0.029764

dxgkrnl.sys                  Direct X graphic Kernal                               88995                                  215963                            0.084692

HECIx64                     Intel(R) Management Engine interface   88995                                     1483                                0.027908

ACPI.sys                      ACPI Driver for NT                                       633                                          0                                       0.024802

HDAudBus..sys       High Definition Audio Bus Driver                8                                               8                                       0.016959

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
hard page fault cou nt is : 1276
HP Recommended

Hi!  did you ever solve the issue as i've got the exact same problem, its driving me crazy as cannot find a solution

cheers patdapunk

HP Recommended

Hello patdapunk.  I understand you're experiencing a lot of "hard page fault" errors.

What notebook do you own?  This document can show you how to identify it by the product number.

It would be a good idea to begin by running a diagnostic on both your hard drive and your notebook's memory.  This document can walk you through the process.  Make sure to post the result.

I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

May have solved the problem

Hi, thanks for getting back to me!

i have a pavilion g6 2244sa running windows 8 64bit.

I was getting a lot of dropouts  and crackles with sound so i ran latency mon  and found there were drivers giving me problems. I read somewhere that if you disabled dynamic link it'd give better results in latency mon, so i did and i have less interference  and less faults. 

I also read somewhere else it could be a bios issue as windows 8 is still in "puppy" stage

regards patdapunk:smileywink:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.