Question

Student
ProphetEvans
Message 1 of 12 (43,036 Views)
Accepted Solution

My laptop's volume is very low, even with the setting at maximum. It also has a very annoying echo

I have tried every setting available on this laptop, from all set to default to trying multiple changes in all the settings. The volume is consistently low and has a very annoying reverb and echo effect, even with those settings turned off. I have only had it for a week, and I have been very pleased with everything else accept the audio. The reason for purchasing this model was for multi-media processing and so far I and becoming more disgusted daily with it. It is a Pavilion dv6 and it has the beat audio software. If anyone has a solution, it would be much appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 12 (43,034 Views)

Re: My laptop's volume is very low, even with the setting at maximum. It also has a very annoying ec

Did you try these suggestions?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01912228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 12 (43,033 Views)

Re: My laptop's volume is very low, even with the setting at maximum. It also has a very annoying ec

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
snanduri0
Message 4 of 12 (42,633 Views)

It helped me a lot..thnks
Student
SuperJ
Message 5 of 12 (35,268 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok sorry to post here if theres another form put i have the same problem with my HP desk top i have windows 8 on it and when i click the playback button and go to properties on my Speakers/Headphones option i dont have enhancement tab. I updated everything uninstalled reinstalled made sure volume is maxed at speakers and on pc and still i cant hear anything unless i smash my head real close to the speakers some one help PLS oo and my model number is HP p6-2330

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 6 of 12 (34,960 Views)

HI SuperJ:

Welcome to the forum!

This is the correct place  to post your questions or concerns.

I understand that you are running Windows 8, on a P6-2330 ,and you have very little, or no sound..  I am sending you a link to "No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 8)" click here.  I hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolves it for you.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
mgilt
Message 7 of 12 (32,649 Views)

Hi DP-K,

I am running Windows7 64 bit on a HP Pavilion dv6 notebook. 'Loudness Equalization' is selected, but the speaker volume is very low anyway despite everything being set at max. Do you think it's a HW issue?

any ideas and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

-mgt

Student
Lhughes
Message 8 of 12 (12,309 Views)

I have the same situation as SuperJ. HP laptop running Windows 8. Volumes really low. I don't have the Enhancement tab either. I went to the site suggested in the reply and am finding no easy answers. I'm wondering if someone's found the problem or a quick fix since these last postings.
Student
puertoricanfox
Message 9 of 12 (11,812 Views)

been  having issues  with  volume  very low haedphonrs wont work

Honor Student
knector
Message 10 of 12 (2,649 Views)

Great suggestion, that helped alot, now I can hear what they say in the low volume videos.

DavidPK wrote:

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation