Question

Honor Student
buratti
Message 1 of 2 (341 Views)

My on-screen volume meter has just stopped working.

I have a HP DV7 Entertainment laptop with Windows 7 64 bit.  Up until about a week ago everytihng was working just fine when I adjusted the volume from the keyboard control.  The volume would raise, lower or mute with the keys along with an on-screen display indicating the current level the volume is set to.  But now thw on-screen display is not functioning.  The volume will still raise, lower, or mute with tthe button presses, but just the on-screen does not work.  I dont know what I did, but maybe it had something to do with a new Windows theme that I changed to, because I noticed it not functioning along the same time i changed that.  i changed back to the original theme that was set before and restarted, but still nothing.  How do I get this display back?

Student
webwench
Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: My on-screen volume meter has just stopped working.

Did you ever get an answer to your problem?  I have the exact same PC and the exact same problem.  Online Chat Help told me to uninstall MediaSmart and reinstall it but my system cam preloaded with that software and it's a hassle to get set up on the server and everything so I don't want to do that.   It doesn't seem like such drastic measures should be necessary for such a small thing.  Did you ever get your volume meter to display again when you used the keyboard controls?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation