Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am pleased that my solution has been helpful to so many people. If this solution worked for you and you are signed in, it would be appreciated if you would "click" the "Kudos" button under one of my posts. So far this has continued to work for me personally.

One person asked about the Media Card reader. I will look into that and I will post something if I find an answer.

Someone else noted no success until they loaded one of the Realtek Network drivers. Afterwards, the audio showed up in Device Manager where it is supposed to be. Most times, people are hitting these audio problems after a reinstall or OS upgrade (probably moreso if going from a 32 bit to 64 bit OS). It is really not surprising that he had that happen because the drivers need to be installed in a particular order after a reinstall or upgrade. Initially, you are using generic drivers from Windows and that is fine except you will experience better performance using hardware specific drivers. After installing a new OS, the first thing to do is to install the chipset drivers. This will get Windows interacting with your MOBO and utilizing all of its features. Next install or update the video drivers. This will get you proper screen resolution, etc. Then install or update your network drivers -- this may entail several different sets of drivers: NIC card, wireless, Bluetooth and modem. At this point I do not believe that order of installation makes any difference. I usually bring up Device Manager and start knocking off any flagged hardware one set of drivers at a time. Also, even though it is a pain in the rear, I think that it is a good practice to restart your system after each new driver install, especially for the chipset, video and network drivers.

MDJD

HP Recommended

Thanks for this. Was very desperate for sound in a HP zv6000 after I upgraded it to Windows 7. Try using DriverMax, DriverScanner, DriverGenius, DriverDetective, and nothing were helping. I made all the process and modifications as you wrote, plus change the ze2000 to zv6000. It was PERFECT!!

Thank you very much, now my kids will have a very good computer for studying.

HP Recommended
Worked great for me! Thanks zv6000
HP Recommended

I actually did the same thing on my

modem and it worked. zv6000 Thanks

HP Recommended

great. always happy to hear it worked for someone else too, 🙂

HP Recommended

It worked for my HP DV5000EA with win7 64 bit - to solwe soundcard trouble!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

It worked for me following the isntructions exactly, my computer is a  Pavillion zv6000 with windows seven ultimate 32 bits. thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

Always happy to hear that it works. Thanks for your post.:smileyhappy::

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.