Question

Honor Student
Nemesis4909
Message 1 of 3 (1,408 Views)

My sound doesn't work

Hi all,

first time poster here and I hope someone can help me out.

Earlier I was watching something on my laptop when the sound cut out completely, I've tried restarting a number of times but still no sound. I've disabled and re-enabled the sound card, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but still nothing. I don't think it's anything to do with my speakers as when I plug headphones in I still don't hear anything but as far as I can tell the machine still thinks it's playing sound but it obviously isn't.

I have, at best a rudimentary understanding of these things but I've tried every solution I know. My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC running windows 7 64 bit I believe. Under audio stuff it says ATI High Definition Audio Device which isn't currently plugged in (I assume that's for when I plug an HDMI cable in) and IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. Any other information that's needed let me know and let me know how to find it so I can supply it.

Any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Craig McKenzie

Honor Student
Nemesis4909
Message 2 of 3 (1,404 Views)

Re: My sound doesn't work

Update, when I plug it into my TV using HDM cable sound doesn't play anywhere either.

Thanks

Craig

Student
popejohns7
Message 3 of 3 (1,374 Views)

Re: My sound doesn't work

FIRST TIME I HAVE USED THIS SERVICE HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME,

ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE NO SOUND ON MY COMPUTER. IT IS AN HP.

THE SOUND SYSTEM IS ENABLED. WHY?---- IDON"T KNOW.

WILLIA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation