Question

Top Student
AngelicaM
Message 1 of 3 (829 Views)

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WHEN WINDOWS 8 UPDATES - HP Pavilion TS 15 Touchsmart

When installing a windows 8 required update, my laptop lost all audio and says "No audio output device is installed." I've called HP and all they could do was reset my computer to the day before the windows 8 update, but then it happened again once the update was installed for the second time. I just got this laptop exactly 1 week ago ... not sure what else to do. Tried uninstalling & reinstalling the sound devices on the computer..still does not work. I cannot keep resetting the computer because I lose installed applications needed for work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Intern
AMPH
Message 2 of 3 (804 Views)

Re: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WHEN WINDOWS 8 UPDATES - HP Pavilion TS 15 Touchsmart

Hi

Would you please install the latest driver and try if it works?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62749.exe

I am an HP employee.
The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of me, not of HP.

Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.

Student
reva22
Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WHEN WINDOWS 8 UPDATES - HP Pavilion TS 15 Touchsmart

Just had to take to the time to say thank you, worked like a charm and saved me a trip to computer store.  thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation