Question

Honor Student
newfylox
Message 1 of 6 (6,486 Views)

NO BUTTON SOUND on WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

(Sorry for my english, I speak french so I'll do my best)

I've made a test on my best friend's laptop about "beep sound" or "button sound" (I don't know how to call it) recently. My friend want to have windows 7 and before uninstalling windows Vista, I made a dual boot on her HP Pavilion dv6000 between Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bits and Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits. The specific model of her laptop is dv6624ca.

On windows Vista, we can hear the "beep" sound when raising up or down the volume, when pressing a quick launch button. On Windows 7 ... NADA! Nothing! It is the same drivers, same updates (instead that it's 64 bits and not 32 bits) and inside the bios, it is REALLY SET to "button sound = enabled" and I've upgraded the last possible BIOS FIRMWARE !!!

I can't see any "beep sound" or "Pc beep sound" or else options into Sounds Settings ...

Any hints?

Thanks Guys!

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 6 (6,464 Views)

Re: NO BUTTON SOUND on WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

(your english is good, way better than mine) :smileyhappy:

There are two features:

1. The "beeb sound" if you touch any button/light above your keyborad (quickplay, DVD, stop, play, volume etc)
    For this, there is an option in BIOS to disable/enable it. Go to BIOS by tapping F10 while HP logo is displayed and find that setting.
  2. OSD (On Screen Display) volume, if you increase or decrease the volume there is also beeb/tone sound along with OSD volume. For this feature you need to install Quick Touch software, here

However I dont know either Quick Taouch software works in Win7, in the case it does not work, try using 3RVX, a freeware OSD volume control.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
newfylox
Message 3 of 6 (6,434 Views)

Hey dude, thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

Sorry for the long time between your reply and mine ...

So I don't know if it will help you but I tried many things ...

I DID try install Quick Touch Software ... I can see that it loads when Windows 7 loads on "msconfig", everything is SUPPOSED to work well but nothing happen .... the folder is really created in program files, the application loads when windows 7 loads (I can see it through msconfig) but I see no changes at all, no icons beside the windows clock, no beep sound or OSD appears when I raise up or down the volume or touch a button/light above my keaboard.

I uninstall everything ... and just for the fun of it, I tried to install the 32 bits drivers instead the 64 bits ones, and it is strange 'cause I was seeing the OSD but I have to admit that it bugs ....i can see the OSD for a while but after it stucks and I have to close the application with alt ctrl del .... so it's normal, it's 32 bits driver, not 64 but I WASN'T able to hear beep sound again ..

and yes, button sound in bios is set to "enable"

Thanks again pal!

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 4 of 6 (6,404 Views)

Try using 3RVX, a freeware OSD volume control.

HP Quick Touch software is known having trouble.

New HP laptop do not use it anymore.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Student
sphoenix77
Message 5 of 6 (6,248 Views)

I am having the same problem once I loaded Windows 7. While 3RVX worked with allowing me to control the computer volume with the quick buttons, I still can't see the visible display when the volume is going up or being turned down. The only way I can tell the volume level is to look in the tray on the lower right corner and hover my mouse over it to see what percentage the volume is at. Any advice?

Honor Student
BakedCentipede
Message 6 of 6 (6,208 Views)

This is a problem with HP and Windows 7! The generic audio controller drivers from Microsoft do not work for most sound cards in HP computers. I have a Pavilion zd8000 which is 4 years old! I fixed it, but it took some learning for me to do. I downloaded a 64-bit driver for my audio card, which I remembered from look at the device manager a long time back. In this new driver setup configuration file, I had to add a line item for the device from my original Windows XP (32-bit) driver., under the [NTamd64] section.

The link below provides more information on the process, but each computer has it's own device id and specification. The text in the illustration most probably may not work for you -- they did not work for me. I had to get the correct device id from my Windows XP (32-bit) driver files.

http://www.64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1375

All the best!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation