Question

Top Student
troywallace
Message 1 of 10 (15,563 Views)

No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED = No SOUND

[ Edited ]

I have the dreaded 'No Audio Output Device Installed" message, aswell as a little red X on my volume Icon.

Therefor there is no sound coming out of my laptop. This problem occured a while ago and so i have tried every fix that I have heard of with no success.  It happened on my old OS and I have since upgraded to Windows 7 32bit hoping it would fix the problem, it did not. following is my notebook Info PLEASE HELP!!!!

HP Pavilion dv9904ca Entertainment Notebook PC
Serial Number: {Removed for privacy}
Product Number: fe701ua

OS Windows 7 32 bit

Student
gsubas
Message 2 of 10 (15,375 Views)

Re: No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED = No SOUND

I have compaq presario F700. I had vista and upgraded to windows 7 pro. It happened to me too. I googled for days and this is  what worked for me.

1. go to START menu. On the search box type "services" (without quotation) and hit enter.

2. double click "Services(Local)".

3. Scroll down and click "HsfXAudioService". Then stop it by clicking "Stop" on the left side and restart by clicking "Restart". On the right side you will see "More Action" right below HsfXAudioService. Click it, click properties. On the "General" tab set the "Startup type" to "Automatic".

4. Scroll down and click "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder". follow step 3.

5. Click "Windows Audio" and restart it. Then set the "Startup type" "Automatic" under "General" tab.

6. click the volume and troubleshoot. It will say there is a fix. click on "Apply fix". It will then search for the device driver and install.(it did not work for couple of times and then it searched in the "windows update" and installed successfully).and then you get your sound back.

Hope it works for you

Top Student
troywallace
Message 3 of 10 (15,248 Views)

Hey man!

thanks for the reply!!  Ive done everything youve said to try a numebr of times, but then when i click trouble

shoot the volume icon on the bottom right of the screen, it doesnt say theres a fix or anything like that.  The message I get is ``hardware changes may not have been detected`and still no volume.

Is there something I may be doing wrong??

Thanks for the help!!!

Student
astro202
Message 4 of 10 (15,094 Views)

Hi, I had the same issue with my DV6000 and tried everything that I read on all of the forums but nothing worked until I tried reseating the chipset on my motherboard. Just like most of the dv series laptop that has a over heating issue that causes the solder to loose up over time, this is what happened to my audio device.

Follow this video and it should fix your problem, this video is for video chip but it also works for wireless problems, audio and anything to do with dv series motherboard issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn57vUR0ybE

Good luck!

Honor Student
jalanjalan
Message 5 of 10 (14,946 Views)

Re: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED = No SOUND

Has there been a good solution found for this common problem?  Has HP recognised this as a common problem with their Notebook G6000?  Has HP provided and solutions?  Please help?  jalanjalan

Student
Brainwash
Message 6 of 10 (14,938 Views)

HP Pavillion dv 6000 . After succesfully having installed sound devices several times . The computer regects them after a period and it is nearly impossible for me to get it right . What do I do to get it right .

Honor Student
jalanjalan
Message 7 of 10 (14,912 Views)

Hi friends,

I have just tried a number of times and am only getting the same result as yourself!!

I do hope one of the experts comes up with an easy and positive solution soon!  jalan6

Honor Student
misfitkitty
Message 8 of 10 (14,894 Views)

See the thread Hp Pavillion with Touch Soundbar that's marked solved. I had the same problem no sound/audio red x on hp pavillion dv6 entertainment with vista. The Microsoft Tech suggestion there totally fixed it HTH

Top Student
troywallace
Message 9 of 10 (14,872 Views)

So volume randomly came back last night after months!! I could see sounds and games in device manager, I could see up to date drivers and everything was perfect. Today plugged in my laptop turned it on, NO SOUND!!! **bleep** is going on!!!!?
Student
shipansengupta
Message 10 of 10 (11,611 Views)

my coputer not working sound

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation