No Audio Output Device Is Installed (4089 Views)
Honor Student
gutzy88
Message 1 of 6 (4,089 Views)

No Audio Output Device Is Installed

[ Edited ]

Ive seen that im not the only one with this problem but im getting really frustrated not having sounds on my laptop.

Ive tried all kind of drivers and updates by following other posts but nothing has worked for me, I even talked on the customer service chat but we didnt find any solution.

So, I have windows 7 (64bit)

DV6910us

s/n CNF8322JKW
p/n FE653UA#ABA

Please help me. Thank you

gutzy

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (4,081 Views)

Re: No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Either one of the following drivers should work on your system...

Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45371.exe

Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45166.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
gutzy88
Message 3 of 6 (4,080 Views)

It wasnt the Conexant "Driver installation Failed: Couldnot find the device for this driver. Ill try the realtek one in a second

Top Student
virgoredd
Message 4 of 6 (3,984 Views)

No, no , no, you can't install a driver for a device that the system says doesn't exist. if this issue is anything like mine, I'm sure there isn't even a place for sound devices in the device manager. really hp?
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 6 (3,775 Views)

Hi,
Check this thread:
Windows7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
robbreid
Message 6 of 6 (492 Views)

Seems to me lots of people have the exact same problem, and nobody at HP, or Microsoft is helping.

Personally I need my compurter, or else I'd smash it right now and never buy another!!

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45371.exe  I tried this, it says I already have it, last night the computer was fine, DV9000z, this morning no sound. States I have no audio output device, and at startup it states HP Quick Touch on screen has stopped working.

I've no idea what to do, other than keep googling looking for a potential answer, it seems this has been a long going issue on lots of different computers, and it doesn't appear to be too many happy computer owners. I'm stunned really that HP/Microsoft isn't doing a very good job of solving their customers issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation