dibaje
Message 91 of 120 (4,704 Views)

Re: No Audio Output Device is installed

I have pavillion9535 notebook  now no output device is installed

Honor Student
JHS1954
Message 92 of 120 (4,678 Views)

Bought an HP after my 18month old Acer collapsed.  An appauling brand.  For years I have sworn by HP products above all else, reccomended many people to buy their printers , laptops etc.

HOWEVER ...

This  is clearly a hardware issue (Pavillion DV9000 laptop).  No Sound category in device manager at all.  A few months earlier the DVD drive failed.  Of course this laptop is out of warranty.  No sound.... Laptop effectively scrap, despite being treated with 'kid gloves' all of its life.  Evidently overheating problems (always used on a polished tabletop.

By the way my second DV6 laptop bought a few months later has a mouse key that has collapsed, and this laptop is hardly ever used.

For me this ends my love affair with HP products for good .... At work I have used many Toshibas, never had a failure.  Just ordered a replacement.  To be fair I have an old Sony 17" 2005 laptop which has never even had a blue screen with XP.  Bit pricier but maybe worth it

Just needed to tell someone.... 

Student
BenjaminHunt
Message 93 of 120 (4,650 Views)

[ Edited ]

For my experience, Device Manager did not even show any devices under Audio, so drivers were not relevant to the solution.  It ended up being one of three things, as it worked upon rebooting after these three:

a) updated to the most recent Windows Update for Vista 32-bit (as of this posting)
b) set just about every Service in Services to Automatically (Delayed) or Automatic

c) in the crappy BIOS, toggled Virtualization Technology from Disabled to Enabled (this is likely the winner, even though it doesn't mention audio)

I urge everyone to update their Windows until it says there are no more updates; this is a good practice regardless, and especially before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

Changing Services from either Disabled or Manual to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed) is at worst slowing your machine, but should be done only by hardcore nerds.  Please don't ever downgrade Services from Automatic to Manual or Manual to Disabled without knowing exactly what that Service does.

Changing settings in the BIOS, especially on a laptop or a form-factor computer, can make or break a situation; on the bright side, most settings are reversible without damaging anything, so read the descriptions and toggle one or two at a time to see if that helps.

Student
audgpwhirl
Message 94 of 120 (4,507 Views)

thats exactly what i am sayin where is the solution. my hp plays no sound or media of any kind at this point... i am a musician so thats really not workin for me. please somebody contact me for more details!!!

Student
curtklein
Message 95 of 120 (4,309 Views)

Ditto here. new laptop worked wonderfully for 2 months, now no audio. Solution/

Student
realgreatguy
Message 96 of 120 (4,280 Views)

I fixed mine as my audio had a red x through the speaker icon on the bottom right corner.  I went into Control Panel, then select Hardware and Sound, select Device Manager, select Sound, Video and game controllers, select  (the sound device name that is in your computer) mine is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, select driver, select roll back driver. Reboot computer and presto, audio is back!

Student
zoc1963
Message 97 of 120 (4,252 Views)

HP is junk DON'T  Buy them ...

I have the same problem...:smileymad:

Honor Student
VDJ10
Message 98 of 120 (4,232 Views)

Hi All... 

I started a new thread with the same issue, mostly because this one has grown pages long and the best I can tell, the fixes offered do not provide a solution to the problem (also, the reply marked as the solution, isn't a solution at all). 

Top Student
Atsukoarai86
Message 99 of 120 (4,010 Views)

THE SOLUTION:

1. Take your hp pavillion lap top outside
  2. Douse it with gasoline
  3. Drop a lit match on it
  4. Go out and by a different lap top from a company that hasn't become the flag ship symbol for churning out steaming piles of disfunctional garbage with cool "brushed metal" finishes that don't make them work any better.

Top Student
Atsukoarai86
Message 100 of 120 (4,009 Views)

the problem with this, is that THE COMPUTER THINKS THERE ARE NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICES INSTALLED.

realgreatguy wrote:

I fixed mine as my audio had a red x through the speaker icon on the bottom right corner.  I went into Control Panel, then select Hardware and Sound, select Device Manager, select Sound, Video and game controllers, select  (the sound device name that is in your computer) mine is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, select driver, select roll back driver. Reboot computer and presto, audio is back!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation