No HDMI Sound Option Available (2294 Views)
Honor Student
DBMNH
Message 1 of 5 (2,294 Views)

No HDMI Sound Option Available

I have a Pavilion DM4-1060US.  I cannot get any audio to play through the HDMI connection.  In reading several of the posts they indicate there should be an option for HDMI under sound playback devices.  My playback devices only show pc and headphones there is no entry for HDMI (or anything else).

Is there any way to enable audio via HDMI with this "Entertainment Laptop" ?

Thanks

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (2,281 Views)

Re: No HDMI Sound Option Available

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Right click on an empty area of the Sound window and place a tick next to both 'Show disabled devices' and 'Show disconnected devices'.  Do you now see the HDMI entry?  If you do, you may need to right click on it and select Enable.

If the entry is not there, post back with the following.

1.  The full version of Windows you're using - ie Windows 7 64bit.

2.  Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Display Adapters - is the device listed here Intel?

3.  Still in device Manager, open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers - post back with all the devices listed here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
tonyindubai
Message 3 of 5 (2,266 Views)

Hi.

I am also having problems with getting HDMI. I have Windows 7 HP laptop.

I have gone in Sound and ticked the boxes for how Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. It shows me the ATI HDMI Output Icon with the note "Not Plugged In".

When I plug in the HDMI cables it still shows as the same - Not Plugged In.

I have gone to Properties and clicked into Update Driver - it says it is uo to date.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Honor Student
DBMNH
Message 4 of 5 (2,251 Views)

Hi DP-K

My respondes to your inquiries:

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Right click on an empty area of the Sound window and place a tick next to both 'Show disabled devices' and 'Show disconnected devices'.  Do you now see the HDMI entry?  If you do, you may need to right click on it and select Enable.

Both of these options are enabled and there is still no HDMI entry.

If the entry is not there, post back with the following.

1.  The full version of Windows you're using - ie Windows 7 64bit. - Windows 7 64 bit home premium

2.  Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Display Adapters - is the device listed here Intel? - Device listed is Intel HD Graphics

3.  Still in device Manager, open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers - post back with all the devices listed here.

IDT High Definition CODEC

Intel Display Audio

Hope this helps !!!!!

Thanks

DB

Provost
DavidPK
Message 5 of 5 (2,242 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi DB,

Download the following installers and save them to your Downloads folder - you may want to rename each one for easy identification.

Chipset Driver.

Intel HD Graphics Driver.

Next, open Device Manager, open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers, right click the IDT High Definition CODEC device and select Uninstall - do not delete the driver if asked.  When this has completed, do the same for the Intel Display Audio device.

Now go to your Downloads folder, right click the Chipset Installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation - when this has completed, do not restart the notebook, but right click the Intel Graphics installer and again, right click it and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

When this has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes.

Connect your notebook to the Tv via HDMI, then right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar, select Playback devices - hopefully you should now see an entry for Intel HDMI Output; left click this once just to highlight it and then right click and select 'Set as default device'.

Check if you now have audio through your HDMI connection.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation