No HDMI sound on HP G62 Notebook PC (6310 Views)
Student
spnlvanwill
Message 1 of 3 (6,310 Views)

No HDMI sound on HP G62 Notebook PC

I have been researching the various forums but can not find anything that will help me out.  I get good video from my HDMI but no sound.  there is no option in the Sound manager to slect HDMI as some people have recommended.  Anyone?

Student
dbcafy
Message 2 of 3 (6,240 Views)

Re: No HDMI sound on HP G62 Notebook PC

I have the same issue.  Does the HDMI port on the G62 support audio?  The video works fine.  No Audio.  I tried connecting the laptop to the TV directly and to AV Reciver - NO LUCK.

Thanks,

Dave

Student
mkelly7777
Message 3 of 3 (6,150 Views)

Re: No HDMI sound on HP G62 Notebook PC (and also help for HDMI display setup)

Took me forever but I finally figured this out.

When using the Samsung 2333HD monitor with your HP G62, with a HDMI cable from the HP 62 to the monitor, to get the audio from the laptop to going through the Samsung monitor speakers you have to do this:

"If you are using an HDMI video connection with an HDMI monitor that has speakers, the HDMI cable is only capable of sending audio to the monitor speakers when HDMI audio is selected as the default device from the Playback tab. Instead of selecting Speakers as the default device from the Playback tab, select Realtek HDMI Audio , and then click the Set Default  button."

This is from this support page - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=de&cc=de&product=4163933&lang=de&docname=c0117...

This monitor was a pain to get working but not it seems great. Another tip - if you can't get the monitor to work correctly with the HDMI cable, you have to use the monitor's onscreen menu - go to the Input section, select HDMI then edit the name of HDMI to be PC. Otherwise it won't work correctly as a monitor through the HDMI cable.

Samsung really needs to improve the out of box setup experience with this monitor - I wasted several hours getting it setup. Hopefully this post will get spread around

-Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation