Question

Honor Student
vancho17
Message 1 of 14 (57,112 Views)

No audio from internal Speakers | HP Pavilion << Find Solution Here

Hello all,

I was experiencing a weird issue with my HP Pavilion dv4-1275mx laptop. I would only get sound from the audio jack and not from the internal speakers. 

After a lot of research, I managed to solve this issue by installing the IDT High Definition Audio Codec which can be found from here.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you.

Honor Student
NinanTX
Message 2 of 14 (57,066 Views)

Re: No audio from internal Speakers | HP Pavilion << Find Solution Here

I have the same laptop, and it's only a couple of weeks old.  I am getting the same error, and it keeps freezing randomly.  Are you having this problem, too?  I really need to call Best Buy and see if I can exchange it before it's too late.  It shouldn't be this frustrating to use a laptop.  I sent feedback to hp, but no one ever bothered to write back.  I really screwed up getting this laptop.  I hope yours is better than this one.  Thanks for the help.
Honor Student
vancho17
Message 3 of 14 (57,054 Views)

NinanTX, mine did not freeze at all. As a matter of fact, everything but the sound was working perfectly. If installing the driver in my previous post didn't solve your problem, I urge to return the laptop and exchange it before it's too late. 

Best of luck.

Student
kade111
Message 4 of 14 (56,544 Views)

I installed that IDT audio codec but then it stuffed up my CPU and started running at 50% even when no applications where open.

Honor Student
owezone
Message 5 of 14 (56,407 Views)

Thank you so much for the link.  That seems to have taken care of the problem. 
Honor Student
ponnlebo
Message 6 of 14 (50,425 Views)

I need to replace the internal speakers for my hp Pavillion dm4 1150ea laptop with  compatible speakers US specification. My laptop is European version of the HP Pavillion model. The speakers were cracking after downloading and playing some musics from the internet. I need help here in US.

Honor Student
firebuff55123
Message 7 of 14 (49,280 Views)

I have a Pavilion DV5 and I am experiencing a similar problem. The speaker output is fine when using external

speakers using the left side outside jack. But when the plug is removed and the audio continues to play

no sound is heard from the internl speakers. I have checked and the ITD drivers are up to dat.

Honor Student
llmurphy
Message 8 of 14 (37,240 Views)

Wow!!!  I spent a whole day on this with Microsoft and HP and your link worked!  Thank you so much!

Honor Student
aurora41
Message 9 of 14 (35,629 Views)

Thank you....your suggestion was most helpful.

Student
cyndismith
Message 10 of 14 (35,524 Views)

Thank You Thank You Thank You:smileyhappy:))))) All Fixed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation