No iTunes audio through HDMI connection (10038 Views)
Student
Chris0192
Message 1 of 6 (10,038 Views)

No iTunes audio through HDMI connection

[ Edited ]
Have a week-old dv5-1235dx and yesterday, connected it via the HDMI cable to my LCD tv.  At first I had no sound from the laptop via the HDMI connection, but managed to change the settings to fix that problem.  But sound from iTunes will not play through the HDMI connection, only the laptop speakers.  I get sound over HDMI from Media Player, online videos, system sounds, etc. but nothing from iTunes.  Anyone have any suggestions?  (and yes, the volume control in iTunes is turned up)
Message Edited by Chris0192 on 01-13-2009 11:02 AM
Student
sparkr2
Message 2 of 6 (9,776 Views)

Re: No iTunes audio through HDMI connection

I am having trouble getting the audio to play through the HDMI connection connection to my HDTV.  I did a search and found your thread that said you changed settings to fix this problem.  Could you tell me what you did to get the sound to play through the TV vice the laptop.  Appreciate your help.

Student
Papplehead
Message 3 of 6 (8,822 Views)

Was there ever a solution to your problem?  I have the exact same solution where at first there was no HDMI audio, but even after that was fixed, itunes doesnt have any audio.  Youtube and other programs work fine, but itunes seems to no be cooperative.  How did you solve your problem?
Teacher
susoab1791
Message 4 of 6 (8,497 Views)

HDMI has an auto blocking thing it stops any media trought  like viedo or audio that you got in another source

all you have to do it set your HDMI thing to defult

just look it up and you can find the soulution

Student
robjcolville
Message 5 of 6 (5,737 Views)

sparkr2:

did you happen to solve your problem?.  I am struggling with no hdmi sound at all.  updated drivers, picture good just no sound from any source including itunes, but nothing else either.

thanks for any help.

Student
luddite52
Message 6 of 6 (4,979 Views)

"   Have a week-old dv5-1235dx and yesterday, connected it via the HDMI cable to my LCD tv.  At first I had no sound from the laptop via the HDMI connection, but managed to change the settings to fix that problem. "

I just tried to connect my dv5-1235dx to my LED tv.  Video was fine, but no sound.  What settings did you change to fix the problem?   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation