Question

Student
DSTiny3
Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

No sound: Internal speakers, External speakers or Headphones

I have a HP Pavilion dm4 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 PC (Product #: WZ485AV).  All of a sudden the sound stopped.  I have troubleshooted with the "Find and fix" in the control panel and it says that nothing is wrong.  I have updated the driver with the latest that's on the HP website.  The internal speakers don't work and I've tried an external speaker as well as headphones.  Still nothing.  I'm not sure what happened.  I'm an IT professional and I take very good care of my technology so there has been no drops or spills.  Is there another driver that should be used with this that I'm missing?  Please help.  I spent a lot of money on this customized laptop so that it would last a long time!         

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: No sound: Internal speakers, External speakers or Headphones

Hello DSTiny3, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having an issue with the audio on your Notebook. I will do my best to help you with this.

I would recommend starting with this document: No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 7). Read it over and follow the suggested steps. If you read step 10 and still no sound, make sure to follow the document it leads to as this will check for hardware failure.

Please let me know how this goes. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation