Re: No sound coming out of my tv it is connected with a HDMI cable and is set as the default device (58 Views)
Student
MurphyD72
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

No sound coming out of my tv it is connected with a HDMI cable and is set as the default device

I have my laptop connected to my Bush tv through a HDMI cable and it is already set as the default device. There is picture just no sound

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: No sound coming out of my tv it is connected with a HDMI cable and is set as the default device

Hi MurphyD72,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding not getting any sound from the TV with your HDMI cable. You are using a straight HDMI to HDMI connection no adapters or converter cables correct? What is set as the default sound device? What operating system are you using? What is the product number for your notebook?

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation