Question

Honor Student
aliejupi01
Message 1 of 7 (8,376 Views)

No sound device - HP Pavilion dv6000: p/n: KB354EA#UUW.

Hello.

My fathers HP Pavilion dv6000 suddenly lost it's sound. When i try to press the sound-icon on the bottom (next to the clock) i it tells me that aren't registered any hardware changes, and when i hold the mouse over it, it says that there isn't installed a sound-output-device.

I'm not really smart on computers, so I was hoping that you guys could help me.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 7 (8,372 Views)

Re: No sound device - HP Pavilion dv6000: p/n: KB354EA#UUW.

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it.

Go to device manager and uninstall the Sound driver and restart and unit will install the driver automatically.

Try doing System restore to the date when the unit was working fine.

Try to update the driver from hp.com website for Audio & Bios.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
aliejupi01
Message 3 of 7 (8,344 Views)

I tried all these three things, nothing worked :smileysad:
When i try to find the sound-driver, it isn't even there.

- PS. The laptop has Windows 7 installed.

Tutor
audiomagnate
Message 4 of 7 (8,222 Views)

Give up. There is no solution to this problem. It has been around since 2007, HP doesn't care. If you want sound, throw away your computer and buy a Mac. I'm dead serious. Don't waste any more time searching for a solution that doesn't exist.

Student
Jonathan_Oaks
Message 5 of 7 (6,052 Views)

get into the start menu, then type into your search menu restore manager, then click on it. it takes a few seconds to open up but you should see three columns and you want the left column and click on drivers. it should open another window and it will be all the original drivers that were on the box when you bought it. 

after that, go to the device manager and uninstall the current Codec that is causing the problem. (you do that by right clicking on the CODEC and clicking uninstall ***make sure you DO NOT check the box saying delete!! again, do not check the box!!***

once it is uninstalled then you can go to the restore manager and select the first audio driver you see (which will be the driver that was installed to the computer when you bought it - minus all the erroneous updates) and follow all the window prompts it comes up with. 

the problem is, is that the current driver update that was pushed is not compatible with the BIoS.  So if you follow these steps then it should work.  

make sure to check your device manager to see that the driver is installed and that there is no triangle of death next to the "new" driver.  

restart your computer and you should have sound. 

Honor Student
Cdgqyr
Message 6 of 7 (577 Views)

I have no sound on my Pavillion dv 6000. Everything says the drivers etc. are working properly, but when I go to device manager, there is nothing that says "sound driver." Perhaps that is the problem. Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Honor Student
Cdgqyr
Message 7 of 7 (563 Views)

Typing "restore manager" into the search menu produces no results. And I do not see CODEC.  Any other suggestions, please?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation