Question

Honor Student
JamesMulder
Message 1 of 7 (14,697 Views)

No sound from speakers on Envy

I was watching a movie with my new Envy yeterday with headphones, all was good.  today I get NO sound form internal speakers, even at startup.  Nothing that I see is on mute, volume buttons working fine, but still no sound.  Suggestions for trouble shooting please.

Thanks,

James

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (14,679 Views)

Re: No sound from speakers on Envy

HI,

JamesMulder wrote:

I was watching a movie with my new Envy yeterday with headphones, all was good.  today I get NO sound form internal speakers, even at startup.  Nothing that I see is on mute, volume buttons working fine, but still no sound.  Suggestions for trouble shooting please.

Thanks,

James

Which OS?

Can you provide screenshots from control panel-->Sound?

Are the speakers set as default?

Have you tested the Speaker setup?

sound_test.PNG

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
JamesMulder
Message 3 of 7 (14,628 Views)

Thanks, I will check that tonight when I get home.  BTW, everything worked fine until I installed a Microsoft Security Update.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, pre-installed.  After I did the recommended download, speakers stopped working.  Thanks!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 7 (14,562 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

JamesMulder wrote:

BTW, everything worked fine until I installed a Microsoft Security Update.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, pre-installed.  After I did the recommended download, speakers stopped working.  Thanks!

Try to restore your system to point where everything was wporking ok and check is this issue solved or not.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
pelurusilver
Message 5 of 7 (14,328 Views)

I also got the same issue start this morning. Re-installing the beat drivers also no good.

the sound only will be out while plugin the headphone. no internal sound.

please help

Student
Doccypher
Message 6 of 7 (13,432 Views)

Had the problem when I tried to connect my Dr Dre wireless headphones.

Solution:

1.Goto the "Sound" panel avaliable from control panel.

2. In the field where the device are displayed 'Right-click" and select "Show disabled Device" from the mouse fly-out menu.

3. Now that all device show - ENABLE your speakers. The Internal Envy speakers are "IDT High Definition Audio"

Good luck

Doc

Student
4maxwell
Message 7 of 7 (3,939 Views)

I am experiencing the same problem.  Did you get any replys that helped you?  If so, what did you do?  thanks,  4Maxwell

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation