Question

Honor Student
Frankvdberg
Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)

Hi there,

My name is Frank and I have a problem with my notebook HP Pavillion DV7.

After an update (frankly, I have no idea which one) I seem to have lost my sound. In the right bottom corner the Icon appears with a red cross through it. It says: no device for sound installed. Troubleshooter tells me: device not active, problem not solved.

I tried quite a few options such as reinstalling the drivers. Checking the Bios and such but to date no effect.

Is there anyone who can help me out here? Your help is appreciated!

Regards

Frank

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)

Re: No sound

Hi, Frank:

If your model has the IDT Beats audio you can see if this thread is of help to you...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/Loss-of-sound-after-updating-IDT-High-Defin...

There are many similar threads regarding loss of the IDT audio after some update.

Honor Student
Frankvdberg
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I did everything I found but unfortunately no result. I followed your link. Bios updated, deleted device and installed it again. What else could it be??

Your help is appreciated again!

Regards

Frank

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (133 Views)

You're very welcome, Frank.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what the issue could be which is why I suggest you do a search on the forum by keywords Beats Audio not Working.

You will find a ton of threads, with many of them supposedly solved.

Hopefully you will come across one that works for you.

Otherwise, my recommendation would be to back up your files and do a factory reset and see if that takes care of the problem.

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation