Pavilion dm4 notebook volume is too low (7023 Views)
Top Student
ARLENE107
Message 1 of 22 (7,023 Views)

Pavilion dm4 notebook volume is too low

The volume on my laptop is very low.  It is on the highest setting (100%) and you have to get close to hear it.  How can I make it louder?  By the way, my laptop is only a month or so old.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 22 (7,020 Views)

Re: Pavilion dm4 notebook volume is too low

How about earphones, is that low too?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Top Student
ARLENE107
Message 3 of 22 (7,016 Views)

Wow, almost blew my ear drums with the headphone.  The sound seems to work fine with that but not through the speakers.  What should I do?

Top Student
mayankyadav
Message 4 of 22 (7,005 Views)

im also facing the same problem with hp dm4 i tried a lot over this issue but im not able to find any suitable method to increase volume via laptop speakers ...i think the speakers quality is really low grade in all the series which are thin and portable ....even my phone speaker is louder thn my hp laptop speaker dont know what have they done with the speaker design....i dont think there is any solution for this prblem

Top Student
mayankyadav
Message 5 of 22 (7,004 Views)

i thnk hp shuld have advertised this laptop as no speakers laptop only via ear phone

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 22 (6,996 Views)

Can you check if you have same issue in Quickweb as well? If yes, that I would suggest you contacting HP Tech Support/Service Center to have your internal Speaker checked...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Top Student
mayankyadav
Message 7 of 22 (6,988 Views)

i tried hp quick web and the volume there is much better thn what i get in wndows 7 64 bit........i have reinstalled my audio driver also but that didnt make any impact on my problem ....i would really apperciate if i can get some more usefull help

Top Student
ARLENE107
Message 8 of 22 (6,986 Views)

I didn't not see a solution--just everyone else having the same problem.

Top Student
mayankyadav
Message 9 of 22 (6,942 Views)

i hope someone from hp would pay heed to our problem 

Teacher
densyo12
Message 10 of 22 (6,937 Views)

i encountered this problem before what i did was go to device manager then uninstalled the sound driver (click on delete drivers) do not restart go to recovery manager then reinstall the sound driver then restart.maybe the sound driver was corrupted that is why i tried reinstalling the default driver from recovery manager. then observe it then update the sound driver i prefer going to the devicemanager right clcik on the sound driver then click on update driver then search automatic. then compare it if there is any changes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation