Question
Pavilion dm4 notebook volume is too low
Replies (21)

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 11 of 22 (3,811 Views)

Re: Pavilion dm4 notebook volume is too low

So folks there is no silver bullet currently, we will need to work our way thru this...to figure out where the issue is...as mayank reported the quickweb it is better....Here is latest Audio Driver, ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49501-50000/sp49555.exe

mayank, is this the same driver used?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
mayankyadav
Message 12 of 22 (3,801 Views)

i have downloaded the driver in the link provided by u but it hasnt helped me ....i hope hp comes out with some sort of solution for this laptop ....this is one of the premier laptop hp is selling in market and we need some information on this issue

Provost
DavidPK
Message 13 of 22 (3,798 Views)

Hi,

I don't know whether this will help anyone else but it made a big difference to the sound output of my speakers.  From the control panel, click Sound, double click Speakers and Headphones, click on the Enhancement tab and put a tick in the Loudness Equalization box.  Apply the change.

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
mayankyadav
Message 14 of 22 (3,767 Views)

i had already tried the loudness option didnt do any great help ....one more thing i have noticed is that when i open the volume control panel and the freen bar which rises when there is some volume coming form the speaker never goes beyond half way mark even if the system volume is selected to max and player volume also selected to max it never goes beyond the half way point ......i dont know if it is supposed to peak at any adjustment or no but was just analysing this thing so that some one culd come out with a solution

Provost
DavidPK
Message 15 of 22 (3,759 Views)

Hi,

Just as a check, right click the Windows speaker icon and select Volume Control Options.  Check that there is a tick in the box for 'All Devices Currently Playing sound'.  If any other boxes are marked try taking out the ticks and just leave the 'all devices currently playing sound' option.  Apply any changes.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
mayankyadav
Message 16 of 22 (3,744 Views)

i did that but i culdnt understand how can it help in increasing volume?.....and i wana know where can i find what is the maximum output of my inbuilt speakers of laptop in hp dm4 1006tu laptop in terms of watts or r.m.s

Tutor
mayankyadav
Message 17 of 22 (3,705 Views)

please guys anyone with some solid suggestion on volume issue in hp dm4 series .....and can anyone compare and tell me how is the volume of dm4 against other hp laptop

Teacher
densyo12
Message 18 of 22 (3,681 Views)

perform system recovery,to isolate issue from hardware and software. if there is still an issue after system recovery then it might be a faulty speakers.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 19 of 22 (3,647 Views)

Mayank, I have dm4 with me...I dont have the same issue...so as suggested before by me, kindly have your speakers checked Authorized service provider...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Teacher
densyo12
Message 20 of 22 (3,590 Views)

i think it needs a Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver, it is like a default driver from microsoft, try this and run the troubleshooter: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

let see if it will work...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation