Pavilion dv6000 Audio Device disappeared (5462 Views)
Top Student
Bigwill08
Message 1 of 6 (5,462 Views)

Pavilion dv6000 Audio Device disappeared

Earlier today I was listening to music and everything was fine, but then all of a sudden my audio stopped playing.  I thought it was just muted so I clicked on my sound in the taskbar and it is telling me "No Audio Output Device is installed."  I have tried everything to my knowledge that I know would fix it but to no prevail.  Ive have searched the forum and on google for any explanation and possible fix but I have found nothing.  So, if anyone could help me with this problem it would be greatly apprieciated.
Top Student
wilfredspc
Message 2 of 6 (4,105 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6000 Audio Device disappeared

no audio device installed.? can you solve MY problem?

Student
chkn_1ips
Message 3 of 6 (4,085 Views)

I too am having this problem.  I own a HP Pavilion dv6809wm and after installing windows 7 my audio device is no longer detected as well as my DVD drive.  I have tried re-installing the drivers, locating, downloading, and installing the correct drivers for my sound device; which has caused the speakers to work until the user logged off or the computer was shut down, but this work around no longer works at all.  I have not been able to find a work around for the disk drive.  Since the warranty has expired HP is unwilling to provide assistance, so I am now working with Microsoft to try and fix these problems, they are helpful in assisting in helping me at this point, but have been told repeatedly that if it turns out to be something besides a faulty installation disk of windows 7 they will not be able to assist any further.  Any help at all would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Student
MomTo10Kids
Message 4 of 6 (3,989 Views)

I am having the same problem. I have an HP Pavillion dv9000 running Windows Vista and two days ago my audio device disappeared. (No Audio Output Device is Installed.) I too thought the computer was just muted and went to unmute it but it was not muted and so I thought it was just turned down... nope turned up all the way. As far as I can remember I have not installed anything or changed anything about my setup, but logic would say that is not the case unless my device has simple failed. But I would think that it would give me a different error if that were the case. Please help if you can.

Honor Student
npm2486
Message 5 of 6 (3,297 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I have a Pavillion dv6000 with Windows Vista. I had an issue with the internal speakers not working, and headphones/external speakers wouldn't work either. Like everyone else, the audio device just disappeared. I searched everywhere and tried everything (uninstalling and reinstalling new drivers from multiple websites), and nothing would work. I bought a pair of USB speakers. The kind that ONLY uses an  USB connection to play and power, and they work. It doesn't fix the internal speakers, but atleast I have sound now. If you try this solution, make sure they are not the type that has the cord that plugs into the headphone port; USB only. I use a cheap $10 pair of Logitech s-150 USB digital speakers. Good Luck!!

Student
lmaocortney
Message 6 of 6 (3,149 Views)

so, i am having the same problem. i had it with my webcam for a little bit and i just deleted the file and reinstalled it. but for my audio it wont let me do that. AND, if i did infact get the speakers would my mic work? just some questions id love to have answered since i paid almost 2000 for this freakin laptop and now i cant even do the one thing i love to do on it. lol thanksss

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation